Lighting Artist - EA Sports
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The EA SPORTS ART team is a global community of content creators covering Characters, Environments, Lighting, Project Management, Technical Art, and Visual Effects. Fueled by imagination and a unified passion to grow the love of sports for players worldwide, we push visual boundaries and create leading edge content. Serving our broad portfolio of sports titles, we craft amazing games for hundreds of millions of sports fans worldwide through inspiring visuals and immersive experiences. We are a diverse group that encourages team members to bring their unique perspectives and expertise to the table.
Our team of Lighting Artists are passionate about telling engaging interactive stories through their lighting of in-game, cinematic and narrative sequences, while setting new standards in lighting.
We focus on high-end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Our art studios are in Vancouver, Orlando, Guildford, Gothenburg, and Shanghai. Collaborating directly with our game team partners, we share a unified passion for creating outstanding visuals. We are adventurous, creative, courageous and we take chances. We are looking for pioneers who cut new paths.
- Use lighting to emphasize drama or narrative, and to establish/clarify location, weather, time of day.
- Respect and follow an established design theme for a sequence or project
- Refer to relevant production designs and apply visual style faithfully, taking care to maintain continuity throughout the scene and game
- Ensure that the lighting fits within game performance standards
- Degree or Diploma in an art-related subject such as Visual Effects, Computer Animation, Film Production, Photography.
- 5+ years' experience
- Build lighting in game engine with different lighting passes such as direct and indirect lighting passes for exterior and interior in large-scale maps
- Identify lighting issues and apply fix on lightmapped and vertex lit geometries
- Work lighting knowledge of Maya, or other commercial 3D packages
- Edit images in mainstream software such as Photoshop
- Experience with portrait lighting, stage lighting, or architectural lighting
- Knowledge of color theory, composition, light, and form
- Work from reference materials and concept
- Create polygonal modelling, and texture UV is considered an asset
- You should work well within a team and pipelines
- You will provide high-quality work
- You can receive feedback and adapt to it