We are EA
Over the last twenty years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning and massively entertaining games. We are a team of accomplished people who create games with joy and passion.
At Criterion, we place enormous value on creative collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspective. Our studio is a healthy mix of industry veterans and newcomers working together to inspire, support, and educate one another.
What You'll Do:
We're looking for a Lighting Artist who can combine an eye for composition and tone with a technical knowledge of real time lighting. We need your passion for atmosphere and style to influence in game lighting, cinematic lighting, post-process treatments and grading. You will be expected to design creative and technical solutions to add visual quality and improve performance of the game.
You will report to the Lighting Lead as part of a team that works collaboratively in an iterative design process; breaking down deliverables; share regular updates and deliver on commitments. You will also partner with your team members to work with other crafts across the studio.
What We're Looking For:
- Excellent knowledge of lighting, shading and PBR for realtime and offline including optimisation for performance and quality (e.g. UE4, Marmoset, Vray, Arnold, Redshift).
- The skills to analyse and deconstruct images artistically and technically.
- Experience of reference capture and building photoreal CGI (GI, Reflectance etc.)
- HDRI workflows from capture to implementation of shading and sky boxes.
- Experience of grading and post production in real time engines.
- Experience implementing lighting and shading in DCC (e.g. Maya, 3dsmax, Houdini, Substance).
- A broad interest in aspects of visual art outside of video games.