Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is seeking for a talented and highly motivated Linux administrator with experience and expertise in operating and managing online platforms. The Linux administrator would be responsible for designing, and operating various UNIX/Linux servers related to online systems of Ubisoft. This person will lead in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure Linux system provisioning and maintenance is consistent with organization goals, industry best practices and security requirements.
What you’ll do:
- Manage large scale Linux server environments: handling Linux environment, including deployment, administration, networking, performance monitoring and tuning, security hardening, troubleshooting and production operations
- Dealing with daily operations of online services, including but not limited to firewall, DNS, web and databases
- Install, maintain, automate and upgrade various software’s and manage the monitoring of various services and ensure availability of these resources.
- Contribute to the evolving architecture of our Linux and storage services to meet changing requirements for scaling, reliability, performance, manageability, and price.
- Maintain strong security of networks and take care of implementation of various host and network security policies and procedures.
- Manage backup and storage
- Maintain documentation regarding network configuration and troubleshooting procedures and services relating to network hardware or software
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Manage and maintain monitoring to ensure uptime and SLA levels
What you’ll bring:
- Experience with online games
- Experience with handling online environments with multimillion user base and millions of active users
- Must have firm understanding of Linux internals and experience in the design, implementation, and maintenance of UNIX/Linux based infrastructures
- Excellent knowledge of Apache, Ngnix, NoSQL, MySQL or equivalent database
- Excellent knowledge with cloud-based solutions like AWS or similar and in depth knowledge of auto scaling
- Good programming skills in scripting languages like Perl/Shell/Python
- Good knowledge of load balancing techniques, FTP, DNS
- A clear understanding of Data center management and various data storage technologies
- Minimum 4-5 years of UNIX/Linux system administration experience with a large infrastructure and organization
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.