At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games New York is seeking a Live Operations Coordinator to provide overall support to the marketing team. This role will be responsible for executing all in-game marketing campaigns for Red Dead Online and Grand Theft Auto Online. This is a full-time, permanent position based in our Soho, Manhattan studio.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Marketing Team develops and executes all go-to-market campaigns and persistent Online games programming across Rockstar Games’ suite of titles.
- We are responsible for leading the strategic planning and creative execution for all facets of promoting and selling our titles including creative video and static asset development, product packaging, social media, events, partnerships, promotions, retail and much more.
- We are the key gatekeepers of the Rockstar Games brand, ensuring brand guidelines are adhered across all channels and overseeing all extensions of the Rockstar Games brand through all consumer touchpoints.
- We work closely with teams across all of publishing and the worldwide development studios to ensure seamless execution of plans internally, in our game titles and across the world, including the always on marketing of our Online game titles, Grand Theft Auto Online and Red Dead Online.
End-to-end In-Game Live Ops Campaign Strategy and Execution:
- Ideate and define marketing campaign strategies and campaign execution plans.
- Analyze our player data to come up with marketing plans and match the relevant player cohorts for each marketing campaign.
- Build player cohorts using SQL.
- Drive the creative direction of our in-game marketing copy while collaborating with Localization, Art, Media, and other key teams.
- Create unique campaigns using our proprietary MCCM tools and serve these to the player cohorts you defined using SQL.
- QA test campaigns in-game before they go live and ensure campaigns are working as intended once they are live.
- Collaborate with our internal data scientists to analyze the results of marketing campaigns and find areas of learning and improvement.
- Manage internal and 3rd party data teams to keep data pipeline fully operational and optimized for future performance.
Live Ops Knowledge and Live Ops Platform Optimization:
- Continuously track our campaign Key Performance Indicators to make sure they are hitting benchmarks and being proactive on improving campaigns to hit or exceed our benchmarks.
- Understand which Key Performance Indicators are highly important to track and work with our data teams to generate highly informative and actionable reports and visualizations on all campaigns.
- Become an expert in how GTAO and RDO works, the gameplay mechanics, gameplay loops, how their economies work, and how our players like to engage with these games.
- Develop an understanding of how different content releases, incentives, and campaigns impact player behavior.
- Stay up-to-date on both games’ performance and learn what drives performance daily.
- Contribute to ideation of broader Rockstar campaigns, meaningful player analyses briefs, and future in-game marketing features.
- Define future areas of growth and optimization in our Live Ops platforms and work with our internal developers to improve our Live Ops platforms.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Analysis, or related field.
- 2+ years experience in Marketing, Finance, Consulting, or Analytics.
- An interest and passion for Rockstar's games.
- An interest and passion for marketing practices in the video game industry.
- An interest in cognitive psychology.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Creative thinker with the skills to test and analyze player behavior and develop effective marketing solutions.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly efficient at creating and launching marketing campaigns with minimal errors.
- Comfortable analyzing data and consumer research.
- Ability to prioritize assignments in order to anticipate and meet multiple deadlines.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Master or PhD in Cognitive Psychology
- Experience in executing Live Ops or Revenue strategy in another Gaming company is preferred but not required.
- Understanding or experience using SQL.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.