LLVM Compiler Engineer
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is looking for a seasoned developer and security guru to help drive our various software security initiatives. The successful candidate will be committed to keeping our games and services fun for our players through defense against cheaters, hackers, exploiters, and any and all troublemakers. If you consider yourself an expert and champion against hacking, cracking, or any other spoil-making, this may be the job for you. This is a full-time role to join our global security team, based out of our unique game development studio in New York City.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Security team is responsible for protecting our players, employees, and intellectual property.
- We support all Rockstar titles including Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption from malicious actors and insider threats.
- We work closely with many teams on enforcing and supporting our security monitoring platforms.
- Use compiler technologies to improve the security of our products.
- Optimize the compiler and linker to reduce compilation time and memory consumption.
- Optimize the compiler and linker to improve the performance of our products.
- Create and innovate solutions to better secure our products from known vulnerabilities.
- Follow the SDLC to integrate into the game team’s operations.
- Experience developing and extending LLVM.
- Experience with industry-standard compiler technologies.
- Knowledge of programming fundamentals in C++.
- Good understanding of the LLVM tool-chain (compiler, optimizer, code generator, linker).
- Ability to diagnose complex compiler issues.
- Good understanding of LLVM testing infrastructure and how to leverage it to test compiler features.
- Passion for solving difficult problems within computing architectures.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate and work within a distributed team.
Please note these are desired skills and not required to apply for the position.
- Familiarity with the X86/64 ISA.
- Familiarity with Windows OS internals.
- Familiarity with software protection systems.
- Familiarity with security exploits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in New York State (inclusive of New York City) at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.