Localisation Editor – LATAM Spanish speaker
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Localisation Editor – LATAM Spanish speaker
Job Summary: The Localisation Editor is a member of the editing team and works closely with the other localisation editors, translators and project coordinators on all editorial facets of video games, and related materials (video game strategy guide, video game web site, etc.) in the Localisation Editor’s given language (Spanish as used in LATAM territories). This will include a high level of knowledge regarding native slang, phraseologies, and nuances of said language.
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Editing of a wide variety of computer games-related material, such as in-game text, templates, packaging, press releases, and all other marketing materials in the language of expertise. Adapting the Castilian Spanish material to the LATAM audience.
- Overseeing the QA process for all computer games and implement changes as needed by gaining a thorough knowledge of any computer game being localised in house.
- Editing of grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and language-specific slang in the language of expertise.
- Ensuring consistency regarding the use of terminology and style in the language of expertise.
Reviewing, revising, and proofing all video game related contents.
- Lead and support projects as required.
- Collaborate with other languages in order to keep high level of standards/quality across all languages.
- Support translators and coordinators as required.
- Regular reporting of progress to in-house management.
What you’ll bring
- Preferably three (3) to four (4) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Must be detail-oriented with proven ability to multi-task various projects at the same time.
- Must be a team worker.
- Native level language skill of their localisation language and fluent English language skill is required.
- Knowledge of local culture for language of expertise is required.
- Previous experience in the gaming industry is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing specialized technical programs to edit files is essential.
- Experience with Word and Excel is required and ability to learn new programs is essential.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure with unpredictable schedules and tight deadlines.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.