Localisation QA Project Manager
LOCALISATION QA PROJECT MANAGER
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
REPORTING TO LOCALISATION QA MANAGER
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours....
- If you're more of a foodie, you can take advantage of Ice-cream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit and cereal every single day
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership, ride to work scheme and bootcamps in the park. You can find your zen with in-house massage therapy.
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be.
- Company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central
- London and Summer and Christmas parties that you’ll want to brag to your mates about! What’s not to love?
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
The Localisation QA Project Manager plans, implements and refines the testing strategies according to the Localisation QA Process. Actively manages and leads the testing team and is the main point of contact for Localisation Testing of the assigned titles, with the aim of ensuring maximum productivity and effective communication with the stakeholder on the project. The LQA Project Manager ensures that the titles in test meet the company’s expectations regarding platform requirements and continuously looks at driving up quality.
- Manage the Linguistic QA process for the assigned titles, including concurrent projects on multiple SKUs.
- Support management with financial assets, including POs, SOWs, providing quotes, monitoring, and tracking monthly costs, project amendments etc.
- Create and update test plans, test cases and checklists in line with the departmental testing methodology and the coverage and test requirements agreed with the Studios.
- Coordinate the test execution and ensure that the required level of test coverage is attained in each test phase.
- Bug Database management. Ensure that the bug quality meets the required standard and ensure accurate documentation of the bug stats and coverage.
- Text database management. Ensure accurate editing and bug fixing.
- Identify critical risks and issues, track and proactively resolve issues while mitigating the risk. Escalate to the LQA Manager as necessary.
- Monitoring and daily supervision of all test team members, tracking performance and monitoring quality.
- Produce reports on the status of the project, alongside progress and bug trackers to key stakeholders.
- Manage Localisation Compliance checks ensuring that the assigned title is free from compliance issues.
- Assist the Localisation Project Manager in the management of Voice Over / Audio related tasks, including Casting and Voice Over files checks, prior to implementation.
- Support the Localisation Project Managers with ad-hoc localisation tasks as required.
- Ensure that all the project admin documentation is completed with accuracy, including coverage trackers, bug trackers, product allocation and any supporting admin document.
- Carry out the performance review process for the direct reports, providing feedback and supporting the
- Associate Leads and Senior Testers in writing performance reviews as necessary.
- Support Admin & Recruitment with holiday approvals, tracking and self-certification forms for the allocated staff. Support with Interviews and the selection process when necessary.
- Write post-mortem reports for the released project, with a particular focus on the challenges. Propose and implement solutions to improve quality and efficiency.
- Train new and current team members, share knowledge and experience with the team, ensuring maximum
- productivity and developing the testing team skills.
- Identify, monitor and report areas of improvement and talent within the testing team and communicate this to the LQA Manager and Head of Localisation.
- Direct the testing strategy with the ability to maintain flexibility and change focus when necessary.
- Track and manage the project resources and budget with accuracy, escalate any resource or budget concern to the LQA Manager.
- Manage external testing, ensuring efficient project preparation and control during testing.
- Build a close relationship with the Studios, understanding their development plans and needs in order to ensure flawless test execution and adequate support.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent understanding of localisation test methodologies & testing approaches. The LQA Project Manager incorporates / applies this knowledge and experience into the testing process.
- Excellent Project Management skills: ability to organise, delegate and prioritise tasks and complete them in a
- timely manner.
- Experience of tracking budgets, schedules and data effectively and accurately.
- People Management: experienced and enthusiastic leader, capable of motivating, inspiring and getting the best out of the team they lead.
- Strong leadership and organisational skills. Ability to make decisions under pressure, maintain focus and commitment.
- Clear, concise and professional communicator. Able to summarise key facts in written reports.
- Good knowledge of first party Standards.
- Ability to proactively think ahead and identify tasks that need to be carried out and the motivation to complete these on their own initiative.
- Adaptability and desire to improve processes and own development.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to testing.
- Excellent knowledge of SEGA’s IPs and products.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of SEGA hardware and tools e.g. Jira, Mantis and current platforms in use.
- Proficient in the use of CAT Tools (MemoQ).
- High standard of work and willingness to meet and exceed expectations.
- Knowledge of departmental processes.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the role and the company.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.