Working in close collaboration with the production team the Localization Manager is responsible for organizing and leading multilingual game localization. This means, but it is not limited to, finding the most suitable solutions to meet the local markets objectives and handling the linguistic/technical constraints as per the project specifications.
In the case of a game, the localization pipeline consists of the translation and adaptation of in-game text and dialogs, audio recording of dialogs, integration of localized assets into the game, and the linguistic quality assurance of the localized versions.
The Localization Manager will coordinate the localization workflow, based on an agreed schedule, and in collaboration with the development team and the localization vendors.
Within the development team, the Localization Manager drives the internationalization effort and helps define the localization pipeline that best suits each project, then drafts the localization budget, in accordance with the production and business requirements, and creates the localization schedule, mapped on the production milestones.
In a nutshell, the Localization Manager ensures that localization is efficient, within budget and agreed schedule, and that the localized game versions reach the desired quality level in all supported languages.
- You maintain and enforce the localization requirements, in close collaboration with the development team, the translation teams, the recording studios, and the localization QA teams, for all supported languages (usually 10+) of the assigned projects.
- You create the localization budget, planning and risk assessment and share them with the appropriate stakeholders.
- You manage the whole localization pipeline of translations, audio recordings and linguistic testing for the assigned projects.
- You coordinate and track all needed tasks within the localization pipeline, within schedule and budget.
- You work with a set of specific tools specific to both localization and project management (Oasis, Jira, Confluence, MS Project, Oracle PeopleSoft etc)
- You lead the outsourcing process with all related administrative and contractual tasks (grant access rights, follow up invoices, create users in various systems etc.) for the projects assigned.
- You analyze the game scope and its content from the localization perspective and, together with the development team, set the linguistic guidelines of the project assigned.
- You are the point of contact for all localization specific aspects in all internal and external communication related to the assigned project (for Production, Marketing, Business, external/internal localization teams, etc).
- Project follow-up and specific tracking to meet quality standards, budget and deadlines.
- Passionate about languages, processes, and technology.
- Keen eye for detail and able to work on multiple projects and prioritize tasks.
- Comfortable working within virtual teams across multiple time zones.
- Good knowledge of modern project management methods and tools (JIRA, MS Project, etc.)
- Experience with translation, audio recording, and/or localization QA.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Experience with localization projects, specific challenges and risks on handling multiple languages, within a complex setup.
- Previous experience working with complex localization tools or CATT, specifically memoQ.
- Previous experience with video games production and localization.
- Knowledge of French or German or any additional languages are a big plus.
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal