Ubisoft is natively data-driven: from the core of our games to our marketing actions, we’re leveraging data and algorithms.
To support the growth and maturity of our applied Machine Learning projects, we’re scaling up our Machine Learning Engineering team.
Reporting to our Chief Data Officer, our role is to build new products based on the latest advances in Machine Learning & Deep Learning research. We strive to read research papers and are not afraid to implement new algorithms when source code is not readily available. But above all, our motto is to never stop at the prototyping phase: our mission is to turn these new models into scalable, production-grade online services.
In that context, we’re looking for a Machine Learning Engineer.
The archetypal mission for this position would be to :
- Stay up to date with the research literature
- Translate research papers into operational code, implementing them from scratch and customizing them when needed
- Write, optimize, and produce high quality code that can run at scale, using modern best practices, sharing back to the open source community when possible
- Ship models or prediction pipelines to production in our internal or public cloud infrastructure
Whether you’re a software engineer who loves Machine Learning, or a research person that loves engineering, the key traits needed for this role are:
- Very strong programming skills (ideally in Python, C++ or C#);
- Knowledge of standard Machine learning & Deep Learning frameworks;
- A “try hard, fail fast” mindset: research is evolving fast, and no one can know all the subfields of Machine Learning by heart. But we are never afraid to throw a punch at a new paper or an open-source repository with messy code, and so shouldn’t you be;
- Knowledge of standard backend-oriented web frameworks to build REST APIs;
- Understanding of microservice-based architectures. Experience deploying models to production in the cloud would be a big plus;
- Strong communication skills (English mandatory).