Machine Learning Engineer, OTO Engineering
The OTO team, now part of Unity, builds and deploys state-of-the-art acoustic signal processing and natural language understanding methods to gain insights from audio conversations. The challenge we are taking on revolves around moderating toxicity to make games safer, on a global scale!
As part of our growth within Unity, we are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to help create data exploration and modeling pipelines to deal with noisy, real-world spoken conversations. You, working in a team of Machine Learning engineers of different levels, will collaborate with Software Engineers and a Product Owner to build new products and features.
This role, primarily based in Zurich, Switzerland is a unique opportunity to impact billions of gamers worldwide, and grow in an open and supporting professional setting.
What you’ll be doing
- Learn to build and deploy data exploration and modeling pipelines
- Learn to experiment and train machine learning models to recognize toxic behaviors in spoken audio samples
- Present and discuss your results with your teammates
- Collaborate with software engineering and product team members to implement your designs and solutions into customer-facing products
- Be mentored by expert engineers from different backgrounds
What we’re looking for
- Programming experience
- Experience or interest in learning Python to develop data processing frameworks and machine learning code
- Experience or interest in Data Science, Machine Learning, or similar
- Desire to work collaboratively within a multi-functional team to achieve the highest-value solution to satisfy the needs
- Curiosity about product development that puts the users first
You might also have
- Tensorflow or PyTorch knowledge
- Experience in crafting Machine Learning-based products
- Experience with data analysis
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.