Machine Learning Framework ftware Development Engineer - 161781
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Machine Learning Framework Software Development Engineer
AI Software development engineer on teams building and optimizing Machine Learning applications and framework infrastructure for AMD GPU compute platforms.
Work as part of an AMD development team and open-source community to analyze, develop, test, and deploy improvements to make AMD the best platform for machine learning applications.
Strong technical and analytical skills in C++ development in a Linux environment. Ability to work as part of a team, while also being able to work independently, define goals and scope and lead your own development effort.
- Optimize deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc. on AMD GPUs in upstream open-source repositories
- Collaborate and interact with internal GPU library teams to analyze and optimize training and inference for deep learning
- Work with open-source framework maintainers to understand their requirements – and have your code changes integrated upstream
- Work in a distributed computing setting to optimize for both scale-up (multi-GPU) and scale-out (multi-node) systems
- Work with cutting-edge compiler technologies
- Optimize the entire deep learning pipeline including graph compiler integration
- Apply your knowledge of software engineering best practices
- Ability to work independently, define project goals and scope, and lead your own development effort.
- Excellent C/C++ programming and software design skills, including debugging, performance analysis, and test design.
- Experiences to run workloads on large scale heterogeneous cluster is a plus
- Knowledge of compiler is a plus
- Knowledge of GPU computing (HIP, CUDA, OpenCL) and basic understanding of Deep Learning is a plus
- Masters or PhD or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
Santa Clara, CA
Requisition Number: 161781
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.