Manager – COD Marketing Finance
Job Title:Manager – COD Marketing Finance
Activision is looking for a highly motivated, energetic and financially minded individual to join the Activision Publishing Finance team and manage the Call of Duty marketing budget. This will be a dynamic and highly visible position that will involve strategy and financial analysis. The role will be a key business partner to the Head of Call of Duty Marketing, and provide finance support to the entire Activision Publishing marketing organizations, supporting the iconic first-person shooter Call of Duty franchises (which includes the storied Modern Warfare & Black Ops franchises and now Warzone) focusing on the following responsibilities:
- Own the global management and forecasting of the Call of Duty franchise marketing budget in partnership with the Call of Duty finance leadership
- Partner with growth marketing business performance unit and Call of Duty business unit to drive governance process around marketing spend and return on investment analysis
- Lead marketing budget process for the annual operating plan, quarterly forecast, and long range planning processes
- Become an inspiring leader/partner to drive the evolution of our marketing priorities and organization with Call of Duty leadership
- Work across our Emerging franchise (Crash, Spyro, Tony Hawk!) division to provide additional marketing support
- Work with marketing organization to evaluate return on investment of building internal capabilities vs external solution
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with a wide variety of business partners across the marketing and finance organizations
- P&L Management with an eye towards influencing long-term investments, driving cost savings and identifying efficiencies.
- Assist with the execution of launch & seasonal marketing plans
- Partner with HR to monitor hiring trends and ensure teams are adequately supported
- Drive process improvement across core finance and business processes
- Help with other ad-hoc projects that arise in this fast paced, ever-changing industry
The key qualifications for this role include:
- 5+ years of proven experience in marketing finance, strategy, FP&A, brand finance, or related area
- Maximising analytical capabilities, the successful candidate will be a strong cross-functional collaborator and help drive key operational decisions and investments.
- Strong personal presence and communication to work across finance, marketing and executive leadership in pursuit of business goals
- History of cross functional work with strong relationship management
- Strong analytical and critical thinking; ability to communicate sophisticated concepts at a high level to executive leadership
- Comfort working at multiple altitudes, from high-level projects to detailed engagement analysis
- Knowledge of marketing KPIs, audience segmentation, and advertising value chain
- Strong financial modeling
- Understanding of user acquisition and target prioritization
- Strong user of Excel, PowerPoint and financial management tools
- Strong finance, eye for business and general analytical skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Experience within a gaming, entertainment or technology industry is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (advanced degree or certification a plus)
- High energy; passion for games is a plus
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet.
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics