Manager, 3D Asset Art
As a 3D Asset Artist at Riot, you will bring weapons and other hard surface assets to life. Your technical and design skills, artistic eye and experience with mechanical forms will lead the way in hard surface creation. Drawing inspiration from as little as a napkin sketch or as much as a full-blown narrative concept, you will create ideas and craft designs that are resonant, compelling, and iconic. As a member of the team, you will help your fellow team members to continue to raise the quality bar at the studio.
As a 3D Asset Art Lead on Valorant you will be a discipline leader responsible for creating and maintaining a healthy 3d Asset Art team to meet the objectives of the project. You will be accountable for the creation and execution of an artistic vision, organizing with Game Design, Production, Engineering, and Art to ensure that vision is compatible with the goals of the product, and you will uphold the craft bar for your discipline. You will report to the Sr Manager for 3d Asset Art.
- Understand and be ready to discuss approaches in style, being able to uphold the creative vision and execution for the team.
- Understand technical and design constraints such as draw calls, poly counts, texture memory limits, modularity, and gameplay clarity.
- Refine & Strengthen the hard surface art style through in-game work, style guides, best practices and communication with the team. Lead and leverage the 3d Asset Art team to high quality execution on the art style.
- Understand game requirements to create assets that are optimized for rigging and animation.
- Create a broad range of exemplary stylized assets.
- Work with Concept Artists to establish the right process to fulfill your team’s concept art needs.
- Use your sense of hard surface design/mechanical forms to push weapon quality to its fullest potential
- Build and maintain a diverse, healthy, highly functional 3d Asset Art team that’s strongly aligned with Riot Values, working quickly and effectively to resolve team health issues.
- Partner with Production to create the right amount of visibility into your team’s deliverables and velocity.
- Be a great career mentor and coach for the artists on your team.
- Work with discipline leadership partners to align on the right goals for the growth of the team and product
- 6+ years of professional experience modeling and texturing weapons for first-person shooters
- Experience managing a team of artists
- Strong ability to create and define solutions for stylized art aesthetics
- Advanced ability to work with mechanical functions for hard surface models
- Experience working with next gen asset creation pipelines and tools
- Experience working and working with developers across multiple disciplines
- Experience working with modeling, sculpting, and texturing programs such as Maya, Zbrush, Substance, and Photoshop
- 2+ years of management experience.
- Experience shipping a AAA title as a 3D artist, specializing in weapons
- Experience creating high level proof of concept art
- Substantial direct experience in the prototype/early stages of a game
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).