Manager, Brand Partnerships, American Football
The Manager, Marketing Brand Partnerships for American Football at EA SPORTS will create holistic, multi-channel marketing partnerships across sports, lifestyle and brand partners and channels for EA SPORTS College Football.
Reporting to the head of Marketing Brand Partnerships for EA SPORTS and partnered with Brand Marketing teams, the Manager will apply experience producing multi-channel marketing programs, to identify and secure custom brand partnerships that ladder directly to franchise level marketing goals and lead 1) brand awareness, 2) product exposure/consideration, 3) product acquisition 4) brand engagement and 5) commercial benefit. Examples of strategic partners managed by the Manager include GTM plans with collegiate football teams, culturally relevant brands and media endemic to football and collegiate sports.
- You will align with our partners in Brand Management, Marketing and Product Development to understand business & product goals, creative and marketing strategy, and desired outcomes. Work to apply player, market, sport, and product insights toward a Partnership plan.
- You will sit on College Football cfx team calls, partnering with our teams and external agencies, including Brand Marketing, Production, Communications and Connections Planning, to produce, ready and build partnership activation plans that tells an engaging narrative and aligns with go-to-market and live service plan, content roadmap, player journey and communications.
- You will identify, pitch and secure partners in service of our plans - demonstrating potential impact through size of our network, audience reach, pathway to important demographic and fandom.
- You will build integrated partnerships with brands and partners (e.g., NCAA, Nike, Schools), within working teams, to unlock joint value in the near and long term.
- You will collaborate with partners (collegiate teams, talent, brands, media) on integrations and activation roadmaps across their respective channels.
- You will partner with internal Business Development to agree on terms of agreements and follow unified deal structures and payments from across the portfolio.
- You will use a partnership measurement framework to assess performance, report important indicators and ensure all efforts are made to ensure campaign targets are achieved.
- You will advocate for the EA SPORTS and Electronic Arts brand internally and externally by careful selection and vetting of partners, setting clear expectation frameworks for success; inspire creative execution and results.
- 5 years in brand/marketing/partnerships role.
- Business acumen focused on successful partnership outcomes aligned to strategy.
- Experience partnering with matrixed, cross functional teams to make insight informed decisions that satisfy prioritized consumer motivations.
- Proven leadership and ability to influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work under constraints and develop ideas from conception to execution.
- Ability to create and write briefs for internal and external partners and create RFPs for outside agencies.
- Adaptable to dynamic business environment, evolving consumer engagement and channel opportunities
- Proven experience proactively source and create relationships with external brands and partners.
- Familiarity with contract structures, negotiating and finalizing co-promotional and service agreements.
- Clear and passionate communicator, crafting tailored stories. Share ideas, listen openly. Recognize and build on the ideas of others.
- Passion for and deep knowledge of sports, especially racing - motorsports and culture.
- Experience in video games or similar sports/entertainment/cultural environments