PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, CDS Business Operations (Americas)
San Mateo, CA
The Global Sales and Business Operations (GSBO) team brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging gamers with PlayStation’s extraordinary products and services. GSBO teams are located in countries across the globe, balancing local relevance with a global perspective. Across our Direct to Consumer, channel partners, and services business, our teams work cross-functionally to bring the best of the PlayStation experience to markets and channels worldwide.
Channel Digital Sales is a key revenue contributor for SIE and continues to evolve with the industry to build new business opportunities. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution.
Channel Digital Sales are responsible for driving revenue to PlayStation Store and Services from indirect channels including retail, PC, and B2B partnerships. This is achieved through custom commerce solutions, trade marketing activities, local territory expertise, sales and customer data analysis, competitor reviews and collaboration with multiple internal teams, publishers and integrator partners.
Reporting to the Global Group Manager, Business Operations the Manager, Business Operations – Americas will lead the Americas Business Operations team in driving regional solutions to enable successful commercial growth through indirect channels in the United States, Canada, and Latin America. Indirect channels include retail, PC, B2B, and social channels. The Manager will have a detailed understanding of business level goals to successfully execute global strategies and deliver region specific initiatives. The Manager will be a specialist in operations and solutions enablement, taking an omni-channel approach to drive revenue and engagement to PlayStation Store and Services.
The Manager, CDS Business Operations will develop relationships across the business and understand territory intricacies, leading to efficient operations and increased revenue. Ability to interact and contribute at a global level is key as is communicating regular progress concisely to partners. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and dynamic leader, with superior team development skills, strong attention to detail, and someone who can push things forward in a fast-paced commercial environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Execute global strategies through management of regional business operations to ensure that sales initiatives and projects are planned, executed, and supported relevant to each market and sales channel, both strategic and tactical.
- Recommend and evaluate regional business drivers and initiatives with ability to leverage data, understand system dependencies, and impact to customer; collaborate partners to ensure successful launch of projects with proactive foresight to understand opportunities and challenges. Concisely communicate status to all partners with required detail as appropriate.
- Lead regional channel and product expansion. Support and drive global strategies with the ability to develop regional solutions for channel sales expansion. Capacity to work with stakeholders in translating strategies into impact analysis and impact analysis to tangible solutions. Use regional business drivers to recommend prioritization of key sales channels in line with commercial priorities.
- Key contributor in defining requirements for development of sales operations solutions with focus on enabling Store and Services sales through indirect channels; optimizing operations, new initiatives, servicing partners, and market and product expansion. Drive execution of agreements by collaborating and negotiating with partners to completion.
- Lead a robust operations team to drive the execution of region-specific initiatives in line with the values of Channel Digital Sales and SIE. Build a strong network across the organization and with partners to enable effective ways of working.
- Support reporting requirements for regional teams including channel sales performance based KPIs and dashboard optimizations while ensuring a holistic global view.
- Lead and handle Channel Digital Sales initiatives upon assignment.
- Be ready to assemble data and present across the organization (stand-ups, financial, business operations etc.).
- Flexible working approach to support global business collaboration.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally approximately 20-30% of the time.
What we're looking for:
- Extensive experience in the digital industry within business operations, sales operations, commerce, product, and/or market/business development. Experience working in a global capacity with accountability to specific regions.
- Experience leading a robust team with the ability to develop talent, assign projects maintaining a balanced approach to each individual. Ability to effectively communicate strategy and provide guidance to tactical solutions. People focused, able to set strategic goals, help others to achieve and get the best out of a team.
- Commercial – experience in an operational capacity; resourceful in finding solutions with mindfulness on customer experience and partner engagement. Proven ability to execute on strategic vision with a dynamic capability to simultaneously activate initiatives. Aptitude to analyze business performance, impact of sales operations performance, and subsequent recommendation to optimize on sales operations processes.
- Data-centric and analytics driven with robust planning skills to drive operational decisions. Proven track record to interpret and analyze data with even stronger aptitude to develop initiatives and recommend to the Channel Digital Sales leadership team.
- Passionate - Creative and energetic team leader who adopts change, can bring others on a journey and has a desire to continually improve.
- Agile - Ability to thoughtfully develop recommendations to ever-changing market dynamics and conditions. Proven track record in applying various techniques to develop successful operational strategies.
- Collaborative - Strong communication skills with a proactive attitude. Delivery focused. Forward thinking and proven experience in the ability to plan, collaborate, negotiate and come to an optimal business solution. Work across teams and get great results. Excellent disposition and communication within department, internal, and external stakeholders.
- Mindful - Experience in working as part of a team that crosses multiple countries and time zones. Flexibility and capacity to collaborate with global counterparts and global business operations.
- Highly proficient in collaboration tools, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint, Slack, Teams.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.