Job Title Manager, Client Engineering
The Manager, Client Engineering is responsible for ensuring that our key projects are released on time and to a quality level expected by our fans. This position will need to be able to work efficiently across disciplines to communicate constraints and requirements. The Manager, Client Engineering will use their expertise in Unity to properly assist others through development processes. This role will evaluate and maintain existing flows while planning improvements, and have experience working on full titles and be able to support one cohesive engineering direction across features. This role will work closely with production to schedule sprints and milestones and will be able to accurately estimate tasks.
What You’ll Do
- Manage multiple engineers’ through mentorship and development responsibilities within our projects
- Work with multiple disciplines to define and improve upon processes to promote a stable project environment
- Facilitate and guide spec and design discussions to ensure proper engineering considerations are being made and scope is being maintained
- Work closely with production to plan and support sprint and milestone priorities
- Lead efforts for project optimization through tooling and the spreading of knowledge
- Design and implement systems that display a strong grasp of the field and are aware of their performance impact
What You’ll Bring
- 1+ years in a game development studio in a lead role
- 5+ years of experience with game development experience
- Experience of the full development cycle from prototyping and live support
- Must have shipped at least one 10+ full team member Unity project in a lead role
- Experience with Performance optimization and debugging tools
- Experience working with continuous integration systems
- Experience working with a production team and managing a team of engineers
How You Will Be Successful
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Passion & Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Work Excellence: You set high quality standards for peers through your work and strive for continuous improvement and quality assurance with all deliverables.
- Creativity and Vision: You inject originality into your daily work research, knowledge and networking. You think outside the box and are willing to take a risk to find the best solutions.
- Professional Know-How: You understand procedural and technical aspects of your role. You demonstrate resourcefulness in acquiring additional professional expertise and keep up to date on resources available to enhance skills and meet the needs of all customers.
- Process focus: You see value in process and appreciate the benefits of change. You focus efforts on continuous improvement and optimizing work processes to ensure efficiency and consistency
- Develops Talent: Brings out greatness in others. Fosters the development of people to meet both their career goals and organizational goals.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.