Manager, Global Payroll
About this Role
Fandom is growing!
Our Finance and Accounting team is a fan of creating a seamless payroll experience for our employees, our greatest asset.
As a Manager of Global Payroll you will oversee and manage payroll for our US and international entities. Our employees are based in the U.S., Poland, UK, and a handful of people in other countries. You will report to our VP of Accounting.
This role includes ensuring regulatory compliance, keeping employee records up to date, providing payroll information to employees, and being available for questions and discussion. You will work with ADP and an international team to meet deadlines.
Together with the payroll team you will implement best practices and integrate w/HR systems, and work on exciting new projects varying from integrations, process improvements and implementations of systems.
In this role you will process the following:
- Payroll Support
- New hires, terminations, status changes
- Tax changes, deductions
- Timesheet data, rate changes
- Semi monthly payroll and off cycles
- Retroactive adjustments and special pays
- Leave of absence calculations
- Calculate vacation, personal leave, and sick leave compensation
- Compile reports on base and premium pay
- Ensure compliance - being up to date with legislation changes,
- Prepare tax deposits and reports
- Coordinate and process year end reports
- Produce special reports
- Answer employee inquiries
- Payroll Management Duties
- Oversee global payroll operations in nine countries across NA, EMEA, and APAC to ensure delivery of payroll with the payroll team.
- Ensure that compliance and regulatory requirements are followed. Oversee the hiring and training of managers and staff. Manage communication to all partners. Maintain open communication with employees, governmental authorities, and vendors.
- Develop an environment focusing on controls to ensure the integrity of the payroll process via policies and procedures; recovery of overpayments; identification of ineffective processes and ongoing analysis of employee payments
- Redesign internal processes and uses technology to provide quality information. Act as a liaison and work with other department heads in different functions within the company to ensure the payroll department is meeting internal payroll needs.
- Identify and coordinate implementation strategy for incorporating new payroll laws and/or regulations into the payroll process to ensure compliance.
- Maintain membership in appropriate professional organizations, have or work toward professional Payroll designation, and stay knowledgeable about Payroll administration, regulations, rules, processes, and best practices.
- Approval of all payroll registers
- Provide leadership to finance management group and mentor others to deepen there managerial skills
- Review any merger and acquisition within the scope of payroll, tax, and equity.
- Work with the business operations team to provide ongoing support.
- 5+ years of experience managing global payroll functions
- Knowledge of labor and payroll tax laws and regulations, and the ability to research answers
- An eagle eye on for details
- Experience developing and leading dispersed teams in different time zones
- An ability to work cross-functionally to resolve technical and operational issues
- Willingness to seek and provide constructive feedback
- A mindset that is business-oriented and collaborative
- ADP Workforce Now experience
- Proficiency in the English language
Bonus Points if You Have...
- CPP or FPC certification
- Experience working with a international team
Benefits & Perks
- Vibrant team culture, periodic team lunches and happy hour events
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision
- Training (unlimited Udemy + more)
- Flexible working hours and time off
- Equity & Retirement Programs including 401K match
- Paid Parental Leave
- International work environment with start-up culture
Fandom powers fan experience. We are the world's largest fan platform. Reaching more than 315 million unique visitors per month and hosting more than 250,000 wikis, Fandom.com is the #1 source for in-depth information on pop culture, gaming, TV and film, where fans learn about and celebrate their favorite fandoms.
Fandom is an equal opportunity employer. Fandom values diversity, and all employment decisions are made on the basis of job requirements and individual qualifications.