Manager, IT Engineering
Job Title:Manager, IT Engineering
Activision Blizzard’s information systems team is looking for an experienced and talented Engineering Manager to lead a team responsible for our Real-time Communications platforms. The Real-Time communications team is responsible for implementing and supporting our video conferencing, telecommunications, and audio-visual services. The ideal candidate is skilled in collaborating with a global team, and leading technology discussions and decisions. This position works directly with project managers and executive leadership to implement technology solutions for Activision Blizzard.
This role requires substantial interaction with executive and development teams, therefore strong communication and interpersonal skills are required as well as a desire for delivering great customer service.
- Lead a team of talented and motivated engineers
- Work with the business and IT leadership to establish a vision and roadmap
- Provide both technical mentorship and guidance for the team
- Managing relationships with our contracted vendors
- Translate business requirements and objectives into technical solutions
- Design repeatable solutions and processes that scale across the organization
- 2+ years of leading an engineering team, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of implementing and supporting communications services
- Strong understanding of relevant technologies such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Cisco codecs, Logitech,
- Strong ability to match user and business needs with available technologies and solutions
- Strong ability to manage contracted vendors
- Able to work with international locations and time zones
- Highly motivated and self-driven, capable of seeing the bigger picture and leading their team to that vision
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $121,500.00 - $224,880.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.