Manager, Platform Workflows
A key attribute of the Unity Engine is the ease with which developers can build content for a variety of target platforms. As we continue to broaden the reach of Unity’s platform support, we hope to improve our cross-platform developer workflows in the Editor to better manage the complexity of the build process, increase the consistency of our tooling across different platforms, and make it easier to build and publish great cross-platform games.
We are looking for a manager to build up and lead the new Platform Workflows team which will be dedicated to solving these complex problems. This role is primarily people-focused, but will also require hands-on technical leadership. The right person will help us attract and retain high quality engineering talent. If you thrive on shaping software that is loved and used by millions, and leading the engineers who build and maintain it, then we’ve got a great job opportunity for you!
What you’ll be doing
- Build out the Platform Workflows team
- Take ownership of and drive the technical strategy and roadmap of the team
- Collaborate with product management, design, and architecture teams across the Platforms organization
- Communicate your team’s vision internally and externally to various partners
- Support the members of your engineering team as they advance in their career goals
What we’re looking for
- Experience managing a team
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Familiarity with UI design and best-of-breed UX
- Past experience as an engineer, and a working familiarity with C++/C#
You might also have
- Prior experience using Unity or similar game engines
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience leading distributed teams
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure and web services
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.