Manager Product Development Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Senior Manager - Product Development Engineering Manager
Responsibilities will include defining and managing key NPI product deliverables/schedules and driving cross functional activities. The applicant will be responsible for pre-silicon planning and once silicon arrives, will drive bring up, characterization, product definition, test solutions, customer samples execution and high volume manufacturing readiness. Managing horizontally across several functional organizations is a key job function. The role will require working hand-in-hand with our Asia Engineering and Operations counterparts, extensive interactions within the Product Engineering organization, and interacting with several other internal organizations (Design, Supply Chain, Quality, Business and Customer Engineering). The applicant must be a team player with a commitment to meeting deadlines and an aptitude to thrive in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
Will be an experienced Test or Product Development Engineer and encourages their team to find effective solutions to complex problems and drive continuous improvement.
- Technical leader and innovator who is able to work with geographically distributed product engineering teams
- Leadership: Must have proven experience leading teams in the semiconductor industry both directly and indirectly to deliver results. Typically requires at least 5 years of experience in a leadership role
- Loves a Challenge: those who thrive in complex projects and are passionate about taking on new challenges and are capable influencing others across subject areas, both technical and operational, to overcome any obstacle.
- Determination: This is a fast-paced role that requires action, constant communication, and constant drive for improvement.
- Communication: Must have excellent communication expertise with diverse audiences ranging from executives to new hires.
- Learns Fast: Demonstrates the ability and desire aspiration to learn quickly and to proficiently absorb new information.
- Adaptable: This role requires an ability to adjust to factors on the ground, guiding your team to deliver solutions while navigating real-time changes to business or customer requirements.
- Transferable Experience in Semiconductors: Typically Requires at least 15 years of experience in some combination of expertise in semiconductor design, architecture, product test, product engineering, semiconductor physics and/or semiconductor manufacturing.
- Project Management: must have experience managing projects, keeping them aligned to high level schedules, resource plans, and budgets
- Experience with taking ASIC’s, GPU’s or CPU’s
- Proven success in semiconductor product development coordinating across multiple functions in US and APAC Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering…)
- Technical project and product management experience
- Microsoft standard apps (i.e. Office), Microsoft Windows Operating Systems to handle schedule, budget and provide status updates
- Experience presenting to Director level or above management internally
- Background in Solid State Physics, Computer Architecture, Digital or Analog Design
- Debug experience in hardware, software, device, and/or manufacturing domains.
- Courses or certifications in project management (PMI, LSS, AGILE, ISO 9000)
- Experience in XP, AGILE, Scrum, or Kanban
B.S. or M.S. Engineering Degree or related experience.
Requisition Number: 163764
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Product Engineering
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.