Manager Product Development Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
ATE Final Test Equipment Lead (Program Manager)
Test Hardware Infrastructure Engineering team ensure that the performance, Cost and Quality requirements of AMD’s products are met through right Test Hardware Infrastructure solutions. Singapore Test Hardware Infrastructure Engineering team provides Wafer Sort, Final Test and System Level Test HW design/development, validation, implementation/fan-out, debug & sustaining support.
Program Manager position is accountable for defining, developing, validating and deploying Wafer Probe and Packaged Test hardware infrastructure solutions used for functional testing of AMD's microprocessor and graphics products.
As an Program Manager, you are also required to communicate optimally and work in close collaboration with others in AMD as well as with AMD’s customers/suppliers to ensure optimal engineering design decisions and efficient problem solving. A proactive, outstanding teammate who focuses on teamwork, team building, and growing team success. AMD's environment is fast paced, results oriented and built upon a legion of forward-thinking people with a passion for winning technology!
- Owns delivering validated, production ATE hardware solutions for new microprocessor and graphics products that meet on time delivery and first-time right goals without compromising product yields and planned capacity
- Works with vendors on developing/designing/fabricating/deployment of wafer probe/package test hardware infrastructure solutions that meet test requirements
- Works with High Volume Manufacturing production areas for new product enablement to meet first silicon bring up
- Leads and project manages cross-functional, technical teams (Example: Equipment Core Team meetings) to meet project goals
- Develops and executes hardware test plans
- Proactively supports internal customers and external test facilities
- Benchmark and implement new ATE, Handler, Prober instruments/solutions
- Experienced with owning large scale equipment development projects
- Ability to direct a technical team, lead technical discussions, and project manage execution
- Experienced with probecard and loadboard design and development
- Experienced with Advantest 93k/other std testers hardware and software
- Experienced with Probers, Test Handlers and Thermal solutions
- Strong communication skills at both technical and executive levels, including the ability to create and discuss technical documentation and presentations
- Proficient user of Allegro Cadence
- Proficient with Microsoft standard products: Windows Operating Systems and Office applications
- Proficient user of Linux and/or Unix Operating Systems
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS:
- Experienced with working with global teams
- Experienced with PCB board layout, Signal/Power Integrity and fabrication process
- Position requires a technology related Bachelor's and/or Master’s degree
- Position requires experience in test and/or product engineering
Requisition Number: 173142
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Product Engineering
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.