About this Role
What's next in pop culture comes first on Fandom. As the world's largest fan platform for entertainment, we enable over 330 million monthly unique users to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the vibrant world of movies, TV and gaming.
You will be the first Product Marketing Manager at Fandom, responsible for establishing the product marketing practices at the company, defining and delivering end-to-end fan journeys on our platform. This is a unique opportunity to meaningfully contribute to the earliest stages of a groundbreaking and important user engagement initiative at Fandom.
Reporting directly to the VP of Consumer Marketing and collaborating cross-functionally, you will create and activate strategies to scale cross-fandom user behaviors to support building both the business as well as the brand. You will be an important contributor to the consumer marketing team, working in tight partnership with incredible humans across product, engineering, design, analytics, content and community teams, and expected to contribute your ideas and improvements to our platform experience.
- Understand consumer usage occasions, important traffic drivers, core on-site/in-app user flows, as well as how to measure these journeys to accomplish Fandom's business- and brand goals.
- Lead Go-To-Market for new Fandom products and features. Oversee the development, execution and post-launch evaluation of GTM strategies and activations, in close collaboration with product, ad tech, sales, comms and marketing teams.
- Define and implement product marketing strategies and experiments to improve fan engagement across all properties and devices, with an eye toward optimizing the fan experience.
- Establish product value propositions (including messaging) for our fans, and assess, validate and position them in context of the Fandom brand promise, the product roadmap, as well as within the competitive landscape.
- Lead operationalization of product marketing projects, including defining RASCI, timelines, team cadences, deliverables, project milestones, budget needs, measurement frameworks, and internal communication.
- Develop relationships with the product-, engineering- and marketing teams, and build systemic interfaces and programs to hard-wire the product marketing practice into the broader organization.
- Lead the framing, development, testing and optimization of consumer-facing language for landing pages, product features, Calls-To-Action and more, across our properties.
- Passion for pop culture, entertainment and gaming
- A customer-centric approach to marketing
- Experience with modern UX principles, design and product marketing tactics
- Understanding of martech and product development tools
- Influence on product strategy, roadmaps and GTM programs
- Experience in directing high-volume traffic to profitable CTAs
- Ability to simplify complex situations, and solve problems through collaboration
- Ability to summarize data and insights into succinct strategies and action plans
- A sense of urgency, bias to action, and attention to detail
- 8+ years of experience in marketing, UX design, or product management
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Communication, Engineering or Design
Bonus Points if You Have...
- Experience working on digital media, content publishing, digital community management, dual-sided marketplaces, or social platforms.
- Experience in technical product marketing inside a product organization, product management, or functional PMO roles inside a marketing organization.
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Health, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance
- 401k Plan (+matching)
- Flexible time off - flexible and generous
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Family Assistance Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs and Support
- Wellness Programs
- Loan-Assistance, money-management, pet insurance, and other discounts
- Phone, Gym, and commuter programs
- An international work environment with a startup culture
- Open, energetic and fan-focused, international work environment
- Miscellaneous perks such as, swag, etc.
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, and partners is at our core, and it’s grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, and deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, and the work we do.
Learn More about Fandom
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Fandom, one of our core values is We Serve a Global Community. Connection with our fans, creators, and partners is at our core, and it's grounded by our active efforts of inclusion. As such, we're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We invite you to complete the optional section below. This information will help Fandom with our reporting requirements and help us learn more about how we can increase diversity in our candidate pool. Completion of this section is entirely voluntary and has no impact on your opportunity for employment.
New York Fair Chance Act