Manager, QA - League, Motivations
As a Quality Assurance Manager, we manage Quality Assurance professionals who work with all development disciplines to create value for Players around the world. We oversee end-to-end quality for our products. We are guided by Riot's Test Policies to develop the quality activities at every stage of the software development life cycle that set our teams up for success. Additionally, we partner with our team leadership and other craft leaders to arrive at more efficient solutions to everyday problems and improve delivery. We also direct and task other QA professionals, often remotely, to get our work completed.
As a Manager of Quality Assurance on League of Legends’ Moments initiative, you will provide craft leadership and quality ownership related to metagames and new events. The Moments’ initiative is focused on delivering memorable, exciting, and fresh momentous events that interconnect League players globally to Riot content. You will partner with Motivations’ leadership to bring quality products, develop a quality assurance strategy, implement the strategy, and staff and support the Quality Assurance Team members. You will report to the Quality Director of League of Legends PC.
- You will manage QA professionals on multiple teams.
- Hire and retain qualified talent, while understanding and working with resource constraints.
- Create measurable quality targets based on product goals, while driving visibility on progress.
- Guide testing strategies and conduct quality activities throughout the software development life cycle.
- Report the metrics that matter, using data to guide action.
- Identify risks, impact, probability, and plan mitigation.
- Hold fellow team members accountable for including quality as an essential factor in product development.
- Help improve product pipelines and workflows.
- Partner across departments with leadership to influence decisions.
- You're trusted and expected to be the Voice of the Player.
- Quality Management: Planning, Assurance, Control, and Improvement
- Experience with product development pipelines and workflows
- Experience establishing quality metrics that influence strategy and effect decisions.
- Experience managing embedded QA professionals.
- Experience working embedded with developers and content creators.
- Experience working with remote testing teams.
- Defect database administration experience.
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance experience, with experience in a leadership role.
- Test Planning, execution and defect management.
- Development experience across multiple platforms; mobile, console, and PC
- Preferred Licenses/certifications:
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Expert Level
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
- ICAgile Test Expert (ICE-AT)
((For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!))
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).