Manager, Software Development, Emerging Technology Team
We are the Accelerate Solutions Emerging Technology team! We are a team of senior technical experts that partner with AAA game studios to help them make ambitious games while simultaneously improving Unity's technologies.
Our team is growing! We would love to welcome a Manager, Software Development to the team who will guide, grow and develope a new team of technical experts. This is a new project that will result in the creation of a product that will revolutionize the way in which developers and game studios engage with Unity and our suite of bleeding-edge tools. In collaboration with our R&D teams, your mission will help empower creators and deliver high-quality products while improving the Unity Engine and Editor for millions.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead a group of developers and technical artists to build and lead a fully functional and innovative asset conversion pipeline that produces accurate visualizations
- Design, overview, and lead the architecture of importers, exporters and imported features of Unity counterparts
- Maintain the efficiency, scalability, gameplay, and visual fidelity of the converter output
- Design, craft, and develop features, workflows, and tools to replicate the most sophisticated features of game engines
- Support team members in their career growth
What we’re looking for
- Experience managing a team of multidisciplinary technical experts
- Experience with a broad range of video game development areas
- A deep proficiency in C# and C++ combined with extensive experience maintaining or working with proprietary or commercial game engines such as Unity, Unreal, Frostbite, CryEngine, etc.
- Experience driving the game development lifecycle, release processes, and iterative development practices
- The ability to reverse-engineer futuristic systems solving hard problems
You might also have
- Phenomenal interpersonal and communication skills
- A deep understanding of industry standard DCC file formats and asset pipelines workflows usage
- Experience working with multithreading and real-time systems
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.