Manager, Software Engineer
As the industry-leading development platform for gaming, AR, VR and real-time interactive 3D visualization, we are at Unity empowering creators to bring their imaginations to life faster than ever before. Behind the scenes, our network team plays a crucial role in delivering reliable, scalable, and high-performance network services that underpin various Unity offerings.
We are currently seeking a Senior Cloud Network Engineer to join our team and contribute to our mission. As a senior member, you will take ownership of multi-region and multi-cloud network infrastructure, featuring robust CDN edge components to support high-capacity traffic. You are highly technical and are viewed as a domain expert on many networking topics. In this role, your success will hinge on your ability to quickly grasp new concepts, effectively connect with our peers, and consistently prioritize customer satisfaction.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and build cloud network systems/services/solutions that are reliable, scalable, predictable, and secure.
- Perform requirement gathering, investigation, and analysis to determine appropriate solutions.
- Implement and maintain existing and new network services and systems.
- Create and improve methods of proper testing and safe promotion of releases from development to staging and, eventually, to production.
- Perform performance analysis, network incident troubleshooting and capacity planning.
What we’re looking for
- Extensive network knowledge in routing and other network-related protocols/systems eg. BGP, OSPF, IPsec VPN, DNS, CDN, NAT, Stateful Firewalls, IPTables, HTTP/1.0/1.1/2, gRPC, Layer 4/7 load balancing, and TLS.
- Experience in building cloud networking solutions on one or more public cloud platforms like AWS/Google Cloud/Azure
- Strong working experience with version control systems, configuration management systems and infrastructure as code tooling.
- Experience with maintaining Debian/ubuntu systems and troubleshooting issues.
- Several years of experience in supporting large-scale production environments with high availability requirements
You may also have
- Comfortable with scripting using Bash, Python and/or Go.
- Familiarity with modern CI-CD pipelines and development tools.
- Experience with Kubernetes
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.