Marketing Manager MEAT
Job Title: Marketing Manager MEAT
Reporting To: Territory Marketing Director
Department: Marketing Communications
Location: King Office (London), Wardour St, Soho, UK
Posting date start: October 2nd 2020
Posting date end: October 30th 2020
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain.
This role will be based in the UK, at our Soho Office. Our Soho office is in the cultural heart of London’s West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently just walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.comor on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a Marketing Manager for MEAT you will lead the and be responsible for the day to day Marketing for this Territory. This role is directly responsible for owning and driving all franchise marketing work within the MEAT Territory. As an experienced Marketing Manager, you will thrive in an energetic team environment, will be highly organised and able to inspire and lead your team to achieve their goals.
- Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Identify areas of local market opportunity across all Activision & Blizzard Franchises, across both new release and live services.
- Flag local legal / market requirements and ensure it is considered within both Product and marketing campaigns.
- Articulate local Brand plan representing all key functional areas including fostering a close working partnership with Territory Comms Team.
- Lead on the local event planning, local media planning (when relevant), managing the third-party partnerships and relationships with existing partners (1stParty Marketing) to drive local marketing activations.
- Oversee delivery of local marketing initiatives to support Global campaign e.g. local Social content.
- Support asset localization tasks where required e.g. QA.
- Inform local internal stakeholders of Franchise Strike/Marketing plans. Ensure Commercial teams are connected into Franchise planning in order to for GTM teams to execute in Retail.
- Management of a local marketing budget
This role is a Manager level position where you will thrive on a can-do attitude, not afraid to get completely involved in a working environment that will empower you to create new ideas and encourage you to think outside the box all whilst sharing in some great company benefits and initiatives.
In addition you will have:
- A Degree level education (preferred) or relevant equivalent experience required for the role.
- A minimum of 5-6 years of brand management experience with a history of increasing responsibility and expanding leadership positions managing a high-profile entertainment or lifestyle brand
- History of managing direct reports who succeeded under their guidance
- Able to communicate effectively and collaboratively, including strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Passion for marketing and creativity a must
- Organized, with strong attention to detail, seeking to deliver all tasks to the highest standard.
- Excellent local language spoken and written (Arabic) necessary, with another European language advantageous•Clear self-motivation with a history of exceeding high performance standards
- Ability to build productive relationships by using your excellent written and verbal English skills along with strong stakeholder management skills
- Proven track record of delivering complex projects requiring strong project management skills, attention to detail, accountability
- Able to manipulate data from various sources –MS Office expertise is a must -to prepare reports, modelling, forecasting and franchise performance updates
- Very good experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word...) Ideally has knowledge of the gaming industry (publishers / trends / media / influencers)
- You will be a confident, proactive and approachable personality that oozes team spirit with the added extra of being a go-getter, ambitious and tenacious in nature who can work autonomously when required all with a great sense of humour.
- Personal passion for games (PC, mobile, console) / online entertainment services or webuser experience
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights
hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ -we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability