Marketing Services Manager, Thailand
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Riot Marketing Services Manager, you will directly be reporting to the Country Manager of Thailand. You’ll be responsible for delivering extraordinary brand experiences to our players through the development and the implementation of our local marketing programs across our product portfolio. You will be building and leading a team of marketing experts that will heavily contribute in campaign ideation, planning, event execution, and new marketing vehicle development. You’re someone who accepts the unknown and you’re able to come up with groundbreaking projects to take our relationship with players and media partners to the next level. You are eager to shape marketing campaigns that effectively engage players and inspire them to dive into our products.
As a Rioter in Thailand, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Thailand is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Build and lead a local high performing team; regularly assess the team’s health, and composition; with a relentless strive for cohesion gains across the board
- Lead the local development and implementation of marketing programs, which span initiatives focusing on the following areas across our product portfolio:
Public relations and communications
Community management and community events
Influencer management and influencer programs
- Lead a team of vendors, contractors and Rioters and manage and assess their performance on a day-to-day basis
- Partner with APAC leads and teams to support our publishing partners, esports, grassroots programs, and merchandise & IP licensing.
- Establish and use KPIs to consistently improve marketing performance.
- Coordinate marketing efforts with game publishing teams and external partners to promote each product effectively to our players.
- Define the product requirements and manage the partners and vendors to ensure satisfactory execution of the requirements.
- Experienced Thai Marketer: You have a professional marketing background in Thailand for 5+ years or relative experience in a relevant field
- People Manager: You have 5+ years of experience in managing people and teams in Thailand
- Open-minded: You enjoy brainstorming improvement ideas and encourage discussion of alternative and unconventional approaches.
- Proactive self-starter: You're a highly-motivated independent thinker who'd rather ask for forgiveness than permission.
- Strategic and insight informed: You have the ability to see the big picture and utilize your suite of skills to level up our channels; you root these insights in strong analysis metrics and stats and know how to turn an insight into a big idea.
- A clear communicator: You can effectively communicate in any medium: presentations, email, conference calls, etc.; you’re able to convert a large amount of information and data into a clear message.
- Languages: English, Thai (business proficiency) You are fluent in written and spoken English communication as well as proficient in Thai.
- Player-focused: you are a player yourself, and you know all the ins and outs of gaming culture in Thailand; you are ready to put your extensive gaming experience to work and build marketing initiatives that the players in Thailand want to see.
- Stay hungry, stay humble: you are a person who believes that there is always more to learn from each other, from players, and approach each problem with optimism, ambition, and curiosity.
- Experience in marketing, games, or esports industry.
- Experience in agency or vendor management.
- Experience owning a product from ideation to launch.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It is the policy of Riot Games Services Pte. Ltd. and each of its affiliates (collectively, “Riot Games”) to provide equal employment opportunities for employees and applicants for employment. Riot Games does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, marital status, family responsibilities, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic pro