Marketing Specialist (Contractor)
Brand Management at Riot, like everything else at Riot, is focused on our players and fans. Our philosophy is that the brand at Riot exists to ensure trust, to help inspire interest and to provide meaning for all things that we do - this includes the Riot Brand, our games, esports, and Entertainment.
As a Marketing Specialist on the Riot Publishing team, reporting to the head of Entertainment Marketing, you will support the team on all the Music and TV&Film related product launches and marketing campaigns in a bid to harness the Entertainment business landscape and fan community in China. You’ll work closely with the LA-based Entertainment Publishing team, our external partners as well as third-party vendors to bring engaging Entertainment experiences to the players in China.
You have passion for our games, esports or our Entertainment, and love to push convention and have an ambitious spirit. You accept the unknown and you're able to come up with ground breaking initiatives that will take our relationship with fans and franchise partners to the next level.
You are also expected to uphold the best digital practices, working within Riot's social/content ecosystem and ensuring we're all pushing in the same direction and working from the same playbook when we talk to players on Riot's and our players' social channels.
- Assist the team on developing the marketing strategies for key music and TV& Film beats that hit the mark in culturally relevant ways for fans
- Liaise with China’s DSPs to strengthen RGM streaming relationships, directly pitch records for playlisting and identify broader partnership opportunities with streaming platforms
- Translate marketing goals into social media strategies and develop social always-on plans with agencies for Riot Games Music social channels (Weibo, Bilibili, Douyin) that continuously drive community growth and fandom
- Support the team on communicating with digital platforms on executing a successful partnership for promoting our music releases
- Use KPIs to measure and consistently help to improve marketing performance
- Support campaign reporting and execution as needed
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience in social media/digital/advertising
- Speak and write fluent English and Chinese while having in-depth knowledge about China young audiences as well as culture/ digital trends
- Utilize your suite of skills to level up your and your team's creative ideas based on meticulous analysis, metrics, and statistics
- Show good strategic thinking, being able to contribute ideas to the team from a macro perspective considering your partner and the market ecosystem; but at the same time, you show the same attention to details because you know that it is the details that make the difference
- Experience with League of Legends, the music associated with it, and understanding of ACGN industry is a plus