Marketing Strategy & Operations Lead
Discord is looking for a Marketing Strategy & Operations Lead to support the Marketing Organization and Head of Marketing across a variety of strategic initiatives and special projects.
We’re looking for someone to work with the Head of Marketing and the Marketing Leadership team to drive key strategic initiatives and outcomes across our growing global marketing organization. You will report directly to the Head of Marketing, sit on the Marketing Leadership team and extend the reach of the Head of Marketing and by owning special projects end-to-end and serving as a proxy when needed.
You are collaborative, organized, and a clear and concise communicator across all mediums and levels.
This is a unique opportunity to grow and develop your marketing skills, amplify the impact of a marketing organization, and help define and refine the way work gets done.
What you'll be doing
- Manage multiple complex projects for the marketing organization, gathering input from key stakeholders and ensuring alignment and delivery against expectations
- Create and own agendas, content, and follow-ups from all marketing team meetings and gatherings.
- Connect the dots across the marketing organization to ensure teams are aligned and focused, and optimize and extend the Head of Marketing’s time (e.g., pre-reviews with teams, cascading info and context.)
- Understand Discord’s company strategy and translate it to the marketing team’s priorities to direct the way work happens across Marketing.
- Collaborate with the Head of Marketing and HR Business teams to advance an inclusive and diverse culture through ideation, planning and execution.
- Establish relationships across all levels of the organization, from executives to new hires.
- Promote a culture of inclusivity, collaboration, proactivity, ownership, and high-impact by leading by example and supporting our goals through exceptional teamwork.
What you should have
- 8+ years of experience in strategy, consulting, operations, or marketing
- Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills, with a strong familiarity of Keynote / Google Slides / Powerpoint and visual presentation styles
- Highly organized and impeccable attention to detail
- Have taken limited pieces of context and information and translated them into actionable approaches and deliverables.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $179,000 to $195,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
#LI-Hybrid #buildbelonging #LI-KS1
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!