Marketing Technology Data Engineer
WHO WE ARE:
Take-Two develops, publishes, and markets some of the world's biggest games. We publish products through our labels Rockstar Games, 2K, Ghost Story, PlayDots, Social Point as well as Private Division label and Nordeus. Our Rockstar label creates Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, two of the most critically acclaimed gaming franchises in history. Our 2K label creates games like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier's Civilization. Our Private Division label publishes Kerbal Space Program, Ancestors and The Outer Worlds.
While our offices (physical and virtual) are casual and inviting, we are deeply committed to our core tenets of creativity, innovation and efficiency, and individual and team development opportunities. Our industry and business are continually evolving and fast-paced, providing numerous opportunities to learn and hone your skills. We work hard, but we also like to have fun, and believe that we provide a great place to come to work each day to pursue your passions.
Take-Two Interactive is on the search for a Marketing Technology Data Engineer (MTDE) to join the Marketing Technology (MarTech) team. Based in our New York City office - joining the MarTech team means enabling and further empowering these teams to do what they do best – produce outstanding content.
Take your fast-paced, agile approach as you work alongside the Labels (2K, Private Division, Rockstar Games, Social Point) Marketing, Community and PR Teams to manage and support the underlying technology stack used for Paid, Owned and Earned Marketing activity. By helping to streamline their processes, alleviate bottlenecks, and leveraging technology to provide data for meaningful metrics. Take your love for big data and use it to create and drive big change.
WHAT YOU’LL TAKE ON:
- Take ownership of the operational management of several pipelines across the portfolio.
- Learn the inventory of current data pipelines and develop a familiarity of the purpose and audience they serve.
- Take full ownership of several projects driving them toward completion:
- implementing a standard approach to inbound data pipelines that deliver reliable data to the end systems
- Develop and manage stable, scalable data pipelines that cleanse, structure and integrate disparate big data sets into a readable and accessible format for end user analyses and targeting using stream and batch processing architectures.
- Develop and improve the current data architecture, data quality, monitoring, and data availability.
- Collaborate with the labels to incorporate new data sources into the growing data model.
- Develop data quality framework to ensure delivery of high-quality data and analyses to stakeholders.
- Overall responsibility for maintenance of enterprise-wide data dictionary.
- Define and implement monitoring and alerting policies for data solutions.
- Join our team in the New York City office on a hybrid schedule.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 4+ years of experience with detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures –
- Infrastructure components
- ETL/ ELT
- Reporting/analytic tools
- 4+ years of hands-on experience working with AWS technologies stack including
- Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR, Treasure Data, Snowflake or similar solutions build around Hive/Spark etc.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in using advanced SQL queries (analytical functions)
- Experience in writing and optimizing highly efficient SQL queries.
- Gaming Industry Experience
- The ability to develop robust end to end data pipelines of disparate data into consistent usable data.
- An understanding of big data pipelines and experience getting them operating without the need for manual intervention.
- A fast-paced and agile approach, with a strong focus on delivery and enabling change within a creative and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to design, develop and automate scalable ETL and reporting solutions that transforms data into accurate and actionable business information.
- Experienced in testing and monitoring data for anomalies and rectifying them.
- Comfort in working with business customers to gather requirements and gain a deep understanding of varied datasets.
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- Proven track record of delivering big data solutions – batch and real-time.
KEY SKILLS AND TECHNOLOGIES:
- Knowledge of software coding practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Presto SQL & Hive SQL
- Digdag, Embulk
- Hands on experience with Treasure Data
- Developing solutions using Docker
- Experience with CDPs or DMPs
- GDPR / CCPA compliance experience
- Experience with CRM platforms such as Salesforce
- Familiarity with Marketing Technologies
- Experience working in an agile environment
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity, and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, to be inquisitive and collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees’ bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.