Marketing Writer II - Publishing
Riot Games is now a multi-game studio. Next on the list? Becoming THE entertainment company of the 21st century. As a result, our Global Marketing Creative team was born to better support all of our Marketing Creative needs.
As a Marketing Writer II for Global Marketing Creative you will report to Manager, Marketing Writing, Global Marketing Creative. You will demonstrate mastery over the written word as you help products and publishing campaigns create memorable experiences for players. You'll write for 360 campaigns, developing loglines, pillars and creative platforms to inform the strategic vision of our social media content. You'll be the written voice that provides players with understanding, clarity, empathy, and inspiration. Most importantly, you will juggle the holy trifecta of creativity, clarity, and brevity—and know when to pull the levers for each.
- Guide writing and/or creative ideation for social media-first executions
- Write and edit pristine marketing copy with calls to action and deep player resonance for a savvy audience of competitive gamers
- Work with multidisciplinary teams of creative partners to deliver creative marketing assets including articles, videos, VO, text graphics, and accompanying publishing copy (titles, descriptions, social copy)
- Partner to provide updates to style guides and branding
- Contribute to a vibrant Writing Community of Practice
- Strong understanding of what makes content engaging and resonant to youth on social media
- Experience developing clear, precise copy for web, social, or other channels
- Ability to write from the perspective of a specific audience
- Experience self-editing and working in a collaborative writing process
- Understanding of creative ideation; ability to write to creative briefs
- 4+ years copy experience at a digital advertising agency or client side with a focus on user acquisition or video games
- Experience translating marketing and creative briefs into creative copy that delivers on business goals
- Comfort with both leading and being part of a team
- Strong experience working with creative briefs
- Deep understanding or high curiosity about what gaming competitors and top companies are doing—especially how they speak to players
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.