Media Production Coordinator
The Media Production Coordinator will provide cross-functional production and administrative support to the Media Production Team with a focus on localization and delivery of the animated series and movies and project management of video editorial work. Other duties will include general administrative and organizational support for team operations and live action and animated content creation.
What You Will Do
- Assist with schedules and communication on logistics for assigned projects
- Serve as a contact for scheduling and logistics matters on assigned projects
- Provide status and updates for assigned projects as needed
- Reporting to internal stakeholders on project status as needed
- Assist with asset distribution to studios for production
- Assist teams with maintaining calendars for key project delivery dates
- Assist with asset flow on assigned projects
- Assist with asset storage and distribution for assigned projects across global internal teams and vendors
- Distribute assets for feedback and review within TPCi and externally to partners when needed
- Assist with receipt and delivery of production assets
- Assist with asset guide creation.
- As needed, contribute creative input and feedback on assigned projects
- Assist in functional and cost assessment of vendors / project partners
- Assist with the creation of Statements of Work and Purchase Orders for external partners and vendors for assigned projects
- Assist in obtaining accurate estimates for work from vendors, reviewing and refining to develop highly accurate final quotes. Ensure that actual costs adhere to quotes.
- Assist in budget / financial tracking for assigned projects
- Work with Operations Producer to develop processes and procedures for asset security, storage and distribution
- Assist Media Production teams in standardizing processes, file and asset management systems.
- Record meeting notes / minutes in key team meetings as needed
What You Will Bring
- 1-2 years media production experience
- Project management / administration background
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Demonstrable time-management and project-management skills
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments, balance priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Familiarity with video development, production and post-production – Animation experience a huge plus
- Familiarity working with digital assets and video
- Familiarity working with digital content and / or asset management
- Familiarity with television media, formats, technical terminology
- Written and verbal Japanese language skills a plus
- Video localization experience a plus
- Team-oriented with ability to work independently
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of personalities
- Proficiency in Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud a plus
- Pokémon brand, games and animation familiarity a plus
How You Will Be Successful
- Results-Driven: Working toward goals and the success of the team gets you out of bed in the morning.
- Communication: You can clearly articulate project needs and status to stakeholders.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve tasks with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to the process. You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to accomplishing your work.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together.
- Collaborative & Team-Oriented: You thrive on working with others and contributing to the overall success of the team.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organization, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage others in a professional manner.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Early morning hours (approximately 8am start) will be required occasionally to facilitate meetings with European time zones. Travel between office locations internationally will be required on occasion, less than 10% of the time.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.