Media Systems Engineer
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is on the lookout for a talented Media Systems Engineer to join our Media Systems team. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore, India.
WHAT WE DO
- We maintain our infrastructure to the highest standard, with an emphasis on preventative actions rather than reactive.
- We are a team spread across 3 continents that works closely together to achieve our goals to a high standard.
- The Media Systems team works company-wide to support end users primarily in Video Production, Audio Production, Motion Capture, Live Streams, and Game Capture.
- The Media Systems team works with multiple departments on the Publishing and Development teams to record, edit, and track audio files of dialogue and sound effects for Rockstar’s games and marketing assets.
- Provide quality assurance on a wide range of integrated audiovisual and video conferencing technologies.
- Perform quality assurance checks on installations and identify any issues that need resolving, and work in close collaboration with the AV integration team and the project manager to ensure they are resolved.
- Review and update system schematics, create O&M documentation and ‘as built’ versions of the technical documents for future internal reference.
- Responsible for fault finding and technical resolution during the daily system certifying, escalating to third parties where necessary.
- Work through software control systems to identify programming bugs.
- Perform maintenance, on-going technical support and provide advice and information to colleagues in the support team.
- Communicate effectively to peers, management, and customers.
- Support remote deployment of technology by assisting and providing subject matter expertise for local support staff.
- Feedback to systems design team regarding products and design, and any other lessons learned on a project.
- Proficient with AV solutions built on today’s top professional technology platforms including Zoom, Poly, Crestron, QSC, etc.
- Read and interpret floorplans, architectural drawings, and AV schematics.
- Bachelor’s degree in math or science related field preferred.
- 5+ years hands on AV technician experience.
- Ability to run and terminate low voltage cabling (Cat6, Coax, Fiber etc.).
- Experience with AV technology including AVoIP, Audio DSP, and Control Systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve tickets or properly escalate to L2.
- Perform system wide testing, maintenance, and troubleshooting as required.
- Attention to detail with the ability to create well-written documentation and update stakeholders as needed.
- Able to work both independently and within a team.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications.
- Visio, Vectorworks and or AutoCAD knowledge preferred.
- Interest in gaming a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.