Memory and BIOS Firmware Verification Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Will have strong analytical/problem-solving skills and pronounced attention to details. Must be a self-starter, and able to independently drive tasks to completion. Will have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The Memory IO team is looking for a passionate and experienced Verification engineers for the development of high-speed LPDDRx, DDRx and inter-chip IO IPs. Be a part of the definition, design and development phase of industry-leading Memory PHYs and interface IP and the overall memory subsystem. This opportunity includes verification of the memory subsystem across multiple products as well as production level firmware verification. Be a part of a team that delivers Industry leading IP and help our experts in RTL, Firmware, BIOS and architecture teams develop leading edge Memory interfaces.
- Micro-architecture, development, and maintenance of hybrid testbenches including simulation, emulation, and architectural models of memory subsystems
- Pre-silicon end to end verification of the complete memory subsystem spanning multiple JEDEC standards, including integration and verification of production firmware
- Development of verification plans to reflect architectural and microarchitectural direction of verification bench
- Test plan development and maintenance with industry standard tools
- Development of system verilog functional coverage constructs to reflect test plan strategy
- Develop and maintain a regression and triage system to expedite debug maintenance and turnaround time
- Work closely with memory controller and PHY verification teams to identify key verification items to target for the memory subsystem verification effort
- Help optimize the memory subsystem in the wider system level, including integration with the controller, fabric, and system wide power management features
Preference & Skill Sets:
- Excellent knowledge of UVM object-oriented design and scripting language is required; C, C++ and Python is a plus
- Ability to adapt learn new toolsets and frameworks is required
- Test plan development and maintenance as well as in depth knowledge of functional coverage constructs and test plan to coverage relationship is highly desired
- Strong understanding of memory controllers, PHYs, and dram protocols is desired
- Development and maintenance of regressions as well as coverage databases is desired
- Experience with SERDES, DDR, Memory Controller, or MAC Design verification experience is preferred
- Experience with low level, physical phenomena-oriented logic design is an asset (dealing with IO, clocking, voltage control, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer engineering is required. Master's or PhD degree is a plus.
Location: Boxborough MA, Bellevue WA, Austin TX, Markham ON, Raleigh, NC
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFD
Requisition Number: 178621
Country: United States State: Massachusetts City: Boxborough
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.