Microbenchmarking Silicon Design Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Performance/Microbenchmarking Design Engineer
As a member of the Infinity Fabric Architecture and Performance team, you will help build the next generation Fabric Interconnects and Memory Controllers to provide low-latency, high-efficiency connectivity to the memory system for use in AMD’s roadmap and semi-custom product lines. Every product in the Server and Client lineup that AMD sells has the Infinity Fabric memory system, so this role gives an engineer the opportunity to work on a broad array of products that address a variety of markets, including traditional servers, client desktop and laptop PCs, console gaming, embedded, and customer-specific applications. It is a challenging position that involves working at a fast pace of innovation on the cutting edge of technology. Come join the AMD team!
We are seeking an experienced performance and microbenchmarking design engineer with strong communication and leadership skills. A global mindset and ability to work in a multi – site environment are keys to being successful in this role.
- Register transfer level (RTL) performance analysis and microbenchmarking for the Infinity Fabric memory system composed of the Interconnect and Memory Controller.
- Work closely with the architecture, design, and modeling teams working on high-performance systems-on-chip (SOC) memory system designs.
- Execute on microbenchmarking plans at the IP level, and support performance debug at the SOC level.
- Conduct theoretical analysis of memory system optimizations, set up benchmarks to run in RTL simulations, maintain or enhance regression scripts to automate them
- Debug cases where benchmarks fail their performance metrics, identifying design bottle necks and proposing solutions.
- Work on debug tools and visualization solutions
- Fix issues seen in the performance benchmarking environment to deliver the highest performing Interconnect and Memory Controller IP under given design parameters for planned production.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Proven experience in RTL microbenchmarking and Performance Validation domains
- Deep experience with memory system and memory controller design and architecture
- Excellent knowledge of Verilog and System Verilog
- Working knowledge of C, C++ and a scripting language like Perl or Python
- Good understanding of multi-processor coherency, memory ordering, i/o ordering, interrupts, MMU and caches.
- Good debugging and analytical skills
BS, MS, or PhD degree in Electrical or Computer engineering. Advance degree preferred.
Santa Clara, CA
Requisition Number: 182393
Country: United States State: California City: Santa Clara
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.