Microprocessor Test Engineering Manager - 162582
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Microprocessor Test Engineering Manager
This is an Engineering Management position responsible for a product engineering team. Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of the team. Team activities ensure overall compatibility, compliance, and test coverage of AMD microprocessors from pre-silicon planning through high volume manufacturing by designing, developing, and modifying product specific test hardware, software and diagnostics. Team correlates the test solution to lab/manufacturing/customer platforms to validate product design, fabrication process, packaging technology, and manufacturing robustness to product specifications. Acts as liaison with internal customers/partners and vendors.
A self-starter who is passionate about leading-edge technology, being an inspiring leader, excellent communicator who can engage with key partners at all levels to drive technical and strategic alignment.
- These abilities will resolve ambiguity and adapt to changes in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- This person will be an established strategic and result oriented leader who consistently raises the bar to drive the team and the wider organization for success.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Effective communication and the ability to work with geographically distributed teams
- Ability to influence across organizational boundaries
- Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies.
- Communicates status to management or executive staff.
- Influences technical decisions that have an impact on final product.
- Champions important technical decisions.
- Management reviews work to measure meeting of objectives.
- Provides direct supervision, coaching and mentorship to professional individual contributors and/or skilled support individual contributors (i.e. technicians, support personnel).
- Sets clear team goals and responsibilities.
- Acts as advisor to a unit or sub-units and may become actively involved as required to meet schedules and resolve problems.
- Develops and maintain effective working relationship with other departments.
- Collaborates on or assumes responsibility for a specific project, or a definable portion of a larger project or process.
- Strong background in Semiconductor Product Development, managing products, projects and people.
- Familiar with general Computer Architecture concepts such as pipelining and caching, x86 architecture, and PC computer organization.
- Experience in XP, AGILE, Scrum, or Kanban as Scrum Master or Product Owner.
- Pareto analysis experience to drive a debug process.
- Experience presenting to Director/VP level management internally.
- Courses or certifications in project management(PMI, LSS, AGILE)
- Proficient with revision control (GIT, SVN, CVS, RCS or similar).
- Experience with C++, Java, C, or C# and scripting languages (Perl, Ruby, shell script, or similar).
- Proficient with using logic analyzers, voltmeters, oscilloscopes, and other debug tools.
- Comprehension of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Linux or Unix Operating Systems
- Experience in silicon debugging using customized diagnostics and OS’s on a bench or in System Level Test platform.
- Familiar with building computer systems and PC HW debug including networking, storage, and thermal control
- Accomplished with low level software development experience (Assembly, BIOS) and familiar with HDL
- Able to perform statistical and Pareto analysis to resolve population mean and outliers as well as to drive a debug process.
- Familiarity with ATE level tests
- B.S. or M.S. degree plus directly related engineering and team management experience
Requisition Number: 162582
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Product Engineering
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.