Global Network Services (GNS), the IT Infrastructure group at Ubisoft, is looking for a Microsoft systems administrator who will be based in Ubisoft Shanghai. The incumbent of the position will be responsible for the health and exploitation of our Windows platform along with all products related to the server, paying particular attention to the operational activities, proactive capacity management and the surveillance of events. He will also contribute to the execution of various projects and will provide a third level support for Microsoft systems under his responsibility (including weekend on-call support on rotation).
The ideal candidate will have over 5 years of pertinent experience in Windows systems administration. We are seeking autonomous, structured, responsible, motivated and dynamic individuals interested in joining a highly-skilled and ambitious team, passionate about technology. Numerous challenges await you. By centralizing the administration management of the company’s global network, GNS must support Ubisoft’s strong growth. You will be working on numerous projects supported by the latest technologies.
Roles and responsibilities
The principal responsibilities and routine tasks of a Microsoft systems administrator are as follows:
- Responsible for the functioning of Microsoft Cloud or On-Premise services under his/her supervision such as Active Directory (including Azure AD), Exchange (both Online and On-Premise), Lync/Skype for Business (including VoIP), SCOM, SharePoint;
- Install, maintain and update the operating systems on the physical and virtual servers as well as the Microsoft server software;
- Oversee the system/application events to ensure its proper functioning, the maximum availability of the systems and quality of service;
- Participate in the recovery and backup of Microsoft systems;
- Perform advanced diagnostics during emergency situations; must be available to work flexible hours and overtime when necessary;
- Perform system and application updates as well as equipment firmware updates;
- Maintain the documentation regarding configurations, operations and diagnostic procedures for the Microsoft platform;
- Participate in the definition of standards, procedures, best practices and metrics as indicated;
- Assist in the evaluation of new needs, design techniques and standards;
- Apply and use the tools and work methodologies in place;
- Answer user questions and service requests;
- Perform all other related tasks.
University diploma in computer programming or other relevant domains, or equivalent experience in computer systems, computer science, math, or a related field.
5+ years of experience in Microsoft systems administration in an environment of over 300 servers.
- Maintain and improve the technical knowledge and skills;
- Ability to develop techniques and methods to solve new problems or situations;
- Must be autonomous, ability to take initiative and requires very little supervision;
- Honesty, integrity and confidentiality must be maintained at all times;
- Demonstrates team spirit, positivity and leadership;
- Good understanding of English, both written and spoken;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work efficiently in a rapidly evolving environment;
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities.
- Expertise in Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016;
- Expertise in Active Directory Domain services, including Azure AD, ADFS and PKI;
- Expertise in Exchange Online, and Exchange 2013 on-premise;
- Expertise in Skype for Business Server 2015 or Skype for Business Online (including VoIP);
- Expertise in PowerShell scripting;
- Excellent understanding of Internet technologies and concepts such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/UDP, HTTP, SMTP and SSL/TLS;
- Good understanding of SCOM;
- Good understanding of SCCM and Intune;
- Knowledge of IIS and SharePoint;
- Knowledge of SQL Server.
- MSCA, MSCE or MCITP Certification;
- ITIL Certification;
- Experience with SharePoint Online.
- Experience with HP, Dell and IBM servers;
- Knowledge of storage technologies such as DFS, RAID, SAN and NAS;
- Knowledge of VMware and other virtualization technologies such as Hyper-V;
- Knowledge of PowerShell DSC, batch, VB, WSH, PERL;
- General knowledge of Cisco networking equipment, routers and switches;
- General knowledge of Linux.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.