Mission Designer Intern
Mission Designer Intern
Electronic Arts is looking for students to join our world-class internship experience. Summer 2024 will be better than ever as we bring all interns together on-site for orientation week and prep students for the future ways of work by offering remote and hybrid opportunities depending on your location. For more information about our Next-Gen Program, visit https://www.ea.com/careers/interns-and-university-graduates
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
We are looking for a Mission Design intern interested in creating fun and exciting level experiences for our in development Star Wars FPS. You will be responsible for developing and polishing a unique Star Wars level, setting up key beats with pacing breaks between intense combat spaces, and crafting memorable exciting moments.
You will collaborate directly with a mentor and also with the rest of the Mission Design team in design discussions and feedback sessions. If you’d like to further your Mission Design experience while working on Star Wars with Respawn Entertainment, now’s your chance!
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
- Reporting to the Lead Mission Designer, you will work with design leadership, design team, and other departments to create level experiences that epitomize the creative vision of the game.
- Develop the gameplay environments that guide and engage the player while crafting a fun experience.
- Assimilate and incorporate playtests and feedback to make the most polished and complete FPS experience you can.
- Help establish and enforce design best practices, constraints, and metrics throughout projects.
- Have fun with a passionate collaborative team creating a new and exciting Star Wars experience!
- Experience working with a game engine (Unreal experience strongly preferred).
- Enthusiasm for level design process including level flow, engagement, structure, pacing, environmental storytelling, and testing.
- Willingness to rapidly prototyping and test feasibility of concepts.
- A portfolio with examples of your work, showcasing experience creating gameplay experiences.
- Clear and strong communication skills and ability to share your ideas.
- Willingness to master new tools and techniques.
- Passion for making and playing games with great player experience.
- If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio.
- Respawn Internships are paid
- Intern-focused events
You must be available for a full-time paid internship in the summer of 2024. We are only considering students who will be enrolled in an accredited degree program in the summer of 2024, slated to graduate no earlier than December 2024. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full time basis during the 12-week internship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the hourly pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, degree type (e.g. Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD), what stage you are in your degree journey (i.e. freshman, sophomore, etc.), qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $21 - $34
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $20 - $23
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $23 - $34
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $21 - $26
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $23 - $34
The hourly pay is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including 80 hours per year of sick time (prorated based on scheduled hours per week if less than full-time), 16 paid company holidays per year, medical insurance, and 401(k). Interns in California are also eligible for Voluntary Disability Insurance.