ML Engineer (All Levels)
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for a talented Machine Learning Engineer who is passionate about applying ML to a variety of audio-related applications in order to create unique player experiences. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Edinburgh, Scotland.
WHAT WE DO
- We bring the latest breakthroughs in audio-related machine learning research into production.
- We apply ML to both immediate production use-cases and longer-term research goals.
- We work in a highly creative environment, contributing to world-class interactive experiences.
- We are a small, ambitious and fast-moving team within the wider audio department with plenty of opportunities for impact and individual contribution.
- Implement and deploy robust audio-related generative models and classifiers.
- Work closely with researchers to convert research prototypes into production-ready systems.
- Set up, monitor and maintain inference pipelines.
- Optimize models for on-device inference.
- Perform statistical analysis of data, creating visualizations as required.
- Prepare and manage audio and text data, creating robust pipelines as required.
- Keep up to date with the latest ML/AI research trends and industry best practices.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent industry experience.
- Strong Python programming skills.
- Expertise with ML frameworks such as Tensorflow and Pytorch.
- Experience with data management and pipelines best practices.
- Good communication skills.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- C/C++ and C# programming skills.
- Passion for video games and the opportunities for ML to create exciting new player experiences.
- Audio domain experience (speech, music, digital signal processing).
- Experience implementing models directly from research papers.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.