MOCAP Shoot Manager
The Mocap Shoot Manager is responsible for managing shootings at the Mocap studio. Collaborating with the mocap technical team and production teams, the Mocap Shoot Manager is responsible for assessing shooting needs, preparing them, ensuring they run smoothly, and following up.
The main tasks are to:
- Meet with production teams to discuss their mo-cap shooting needs and know the script to help define the shot list.
- Plan and prepare the shootings (mo-cap, 3D and 4D scans).
- Attend rehearsals and shootings, ensure they run smoothly and follow up.
- Regularly communicate shooting information to stakeholders.
- Make suggestions and support production teams regarding casting, as needed.
- Follow up with Alice Studio for the needs of actors, characters and retargeting.
- Supervise the mo-cap technical team during shootings.
- Monitor progress of projects.
- Advise production crews on procedures before, during and after shootings.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of mo-cap production processes.
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Technical training in 3D animation
- Experience in motion capture systems
- Experience in 3D animation (an asset)
- Comfortable speaking in public
- Works well on a team
- Customer service focused
- Continuous improvement of working processes
- Flexible and organized
- Independent and resourceful
- Deals well with challenges
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Motion Builder: mapping, editing and retargeting motion capture data
- Knowledge of Vicon system
- Knowledge and understanding of motion capture features and constraints
- Knowledge of the video game industry, an asset