Model Artist (Biomes) [Far Cry Project]
What you’ll do as a Model Artist:
- Work with the Art team (including Art Lead and/or Art Director) to create high-quality 3d game assets;
- Follow a project’s artistic direction set by the Art Director/Lead;
- Adhere to specific pipelines and adapt to constraints, implement and maintain 3d game assets;
- Be proactive and work closely with other teams to adapt assets to their needs and constraints;
- Use good judgment and expertise to optimize the assets that are produced and their uses;
- Prioritize and manage day-to-day tasks to ensure deliverables are completed on time, within budget, and with production constraints;
- Prepare and communicate asset planning based on the requirement;
- Researching tools and techniques to create more efficient and visually appealing assets;
- Proactively help to troubleshoot problematic contents;
- Perform any other related tasks.
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences. If you are excited about the role, we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the qualifications listed below.
- Experience in 3ds Max, Zbrush, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Photoshop, and Unreal or equivalent;
- Solid understanding of PBR rendering, texture, material, its relationship with lighting, and UV unwrapping and layout;
- Strong artistic sense with an eye for detail, composition, and value/color theory;
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to change;
- Must be proactive, team player, and constant learner.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in game asset creation or equivalent;
- College diploma in 3D Art techniques for video games or equivalent training or experience;
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A portfolio of your best work (attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
- A hybrid, flexible work model
- Five weeks of vacation + one week office closure around the December holidays
- An enhanced parental leave program
- Comprehensive Total Rewards Package:
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Extended medical insurance
- (Optional) RRSP contribution
- Relocation Assistance (If Applicable)
- Bonus (If Applicable)
You can learn more about Life at Ubisoft here: https://toronto.ubisoft.com/life-at-ubisoft/
At Ubisoft Toronto, we believe diversity is our studio’s biggest strength. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of our player community, is inclusive and respectful of the individuality of our team and embodies our core values – trust, integrity, excellence and care.
We encourage applications from First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQIA+. Ubisoft Toronto is committed to providing accommodations for accessibility upon request.
Please read our Code of Conduct prior to applying. It is our collective responsibility at Ubisoft Toronto to maintain a respectful and inclusive work environment, and be the best possible place to work and grow. Knowing and respecting our Code of Conduct’s principles and guidelines is key to achieving that goal.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for?
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.