Monetization Specialist – Fast-Track Program
Monetization Specialists at Ubisoft contribute to the financial success of our games, shaping strategies that boost profitability while respecting our players and the essence of each title.
The Fast-Track program was designed to prepare you to do just that by building your knowledge and refining your skills.
By joining the Fast-Track, you'd be hired as a permanent, full-time Ubi employee without being assigned to a specific project straight away.
You’ll spend one year developing your monetization know-how remotely with our Head Office Business Strategy & Live Associate Director from Production HQ (console and PC games) and Game Economy Designer from Mobile Editorial HQ.
They’ll guide you in generating revenue in the fairest, value-added way possible through secondary store items, subscription models, live events – and more – as you participate in multiple projects, including console and mobile.
When the program comes to an end, you’ll join a video game production team at the Montreal studio and apply the hands-on experience you’ve gained.
What you’ll do
During the Fast-Track program, you’ll:
- Assess internal and external monetization practices to set benchmarks.
- Monitor the monetization strategies and acquisition, retention, and monetization KPIs of 3 Ubisoft projects.
- Perform ad hoc analysis to create and improve long-term forecasts.
- Support teams in developing analysis tools and frameworks to enhance internal expertise.
After the Fast-Track program, when you join a Montreal studio team as a Monetization Specialist, you’ll:
- Partner with the project’s monetization director to develop monetization strategies aligned with player expectations and the creative & game directions.
- Work closely with game economy designers to come up with justified pricing for items, events, and services.
- Plan and oversee the content, promotions, and offers of the primary and secondary stores with the digital sales teams.
- Collaborate with interdependent teams (like UI, UX, programming, etc.) to implement your monetization systems and features.
- Follow up on monetization features and adapt them based on player feedback, reporting results, etc.
- Stay up to date on trends and techniques + promote them across our studios.
What you bring
- A degree in Business, Commerce, Economics, Marketing, Game Design (or other relevant training)
- Knowledge of Excel + familiarity with data visualization software (e.g. Tableau)
- A collaborative and innovative spirit
- Critical thinking that allows you to translate analytical findings into actionable recommendations
- Familiarity of online gaming communities + an understanding of player behaviour
- A passion for not only playing video games but also reverse-engineering their revenue systems
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Laurence. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.