Monetization Specialist [The Division 2]
Your life at Ubi
As a Monetization Specialist, you contribute to the financial success of an online game by setting up and supporting its monetization strategies throughout production and post-launch.
From subscriptions to custom items, you’re responsible for anything with a cost. When it comes to purchasable content and services, you know that value can’t be overlooked. That’s why you take a player-centric approach to monetization design, asking yourself questions like: Is there a balanced range of products? Are their prices reasonable? Are offers displayed at the right place at the right time?
Once live, you stay tuned to how players are responding, and adjust accordingly. You evaluate what’s actually happening in and around gameplay and ensure that cross-functional teams understand the realities of how players are interacting with the game you’re collectively creating. You iterate on what’s not working and improve on what is to consistently deliver a fun and fair experience for the long-term.
Your main mission:
- Partner with the monetization director to develop monetization strategies aligned with player expectations and the creative & game directions. • Work closely with game economy designers to come up with justified pricing for items, events, and services.
- Plan and oversee the content, promotions, and offers of the primary and secondary stores with the digital sales teams.
- Collaborate with interdependent teams (UI, UX, programming, etc.) to implement your monetization systems and features. • Contribute to defining KPIs & work with the user research team to establish tracking and reporting needs. • Monitor performance and revenue + share your findings to identify monetization opportunities and influence decision-making.
- Follow up on monetization features and adapt them based on player feedback, reporting results, etc.
- Support esports, licensing, and other business teams in negotiating with external partners.
- Write and maintain documentation that will serve as a reference.
- Stay up to date on trends and techniques to develop monetization best practices + promote them across our studios.
The professional value you bring:
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Commerce, Economics, Marketing, Game Design, or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in monetization, economy design, business, or related experience
- In-depth knowledge of Excel + familiarity with data visualization software (e.g. Tableau)
- Ability to translate analytical findings into actionable recommendations
The personal value you bring:
- A collaborative, creative, and innovative spirit
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Excellent problem-solving, time management, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity of online gaming communities + an understanding of player behaviour
- A passion for not only playing video games but also reverse-engineering their revenue systems
- Good English communication skills
What do we offer benefits wise?
- Meal tickets with the value of 20 RON/day
- Studio offered free days, confirmed on an annual basis for different events
- Bonus scheme based both on individual and company’s performance
- World Class Bronze free subscription
- Access to private medical system and special subscription rates for family members
- On site medical support
- Life insurance
- Specific financial support for different events in your life
- Study leave
- Christmas/ Easter celebration with a special gift
- Partners’ discounts
- Video games and consoles to borrow
- Access to Ubisoft games via own Uplay account
- Annual development opportunities and access to multiple career paths and technical certifications
- Access to specialized training and books on various related skills
- Opportunities for international mobility and assignments
- Wellbeing program (including physical fitness, mental health, financial education and internal communities)
- A great working environment, with an impressive place to work in our offices in Jiului 8
- In-house free French classes
- Hybrid work (from home/ from office)
- Bookster (borrow books for free, delivered at home or in the office)
- Free fruits and coffee in the office
- On-site cafeteria with special discounts
- Ubisoft bikes, free rental
- Parking spaces for cars, bikes, motorbikes
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.