Motion Capture Animator
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Toronto is seeking a Motion Capture Animator with a passion for animation to join our growing motion capture team, working on various projects under the Rockstar Games umbrella.
WHAT WE DO
- As a global Performance Capture team at Rockstar, we collaborate with animators, directors, and artists from around the world, working to the highest standards to produce the substantial range of character animations required for our ground-breaking AAA games.
- We work with bleeding-edge technology to both inform and capture our actors’ movement, facial and audio data to create photo realistic content in our games.
- We are responsible for bringing actors’ performances to life on our remarkable game characters through precise data tracking and character solving.
- Our collaboration with animators, directors, and camera artists from around the world ensures that we produce remarkable character animation for our AAA games.
- Process motion capture data through proprietary pipelines.
- Retarget motion capture data to game assets using high end workflow.
- Assist in creating tools and scripts to improve workflow.
- Share and advance knowledge of worldwide teams.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with either character animation or motion capture.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Motion Builder.
- Superlative communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are an absolute must.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong technological problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated and passionate. Intense energy is a must.
- Ability to stay calm, work hard, and be dedicated to finding solutions.
- Have a tremendous ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Utmost reliability & commitment to the job.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to give and receive constructive criticism and direction.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Linux/OS knowledge.
- Thorough understanding and passion for Rockstar Games.
- A good underlying knowledge of game animation pipelines.
- All applications must be accompanied by a portfolio or reel to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.