Motion Capture Technician
EA's Los Angeles-based Motion Capture Studio serves the motion capture needs for all of EAs game development teams world-wide. In our studio we capture a wide spectrum of data types – 3D scanning, virtual cinematography, and motion capture to name a few. As a member of the team you will directly support multiple game development teams with the creation of animation content. You will help integrate motion data by using EA propriety technologies to maintain the highest quality animation possible. You will work with the animation teams in both post-production, and on the live performance stage.
- Report to the Motion Capture Stage Manager
- Support the production teams with the acquisition of motion capture
- Proficiency in Head Mounted Camera (HMC) acquisition, including setup and quality assurance, for Performance Capture; Understanding of HMC software (i.e. Faceware, Technoprops, etc.) in live production
- Experience with physical hardware and software, including timecode, A/V, KiPro's, Teradeks, etc.
- On occasion assist the scan acquisition team with acquiring 3d character asset data during modeling sessions
- Perform shoot session tasks of performer calibration, directing performer range of motions, QA'ing recorded asset data.
- Set-up, run and monitor EA's proprietary tool sets relating to processing motion data
- Work w/motion capture and animation leads during the production prep/acquisition/post-production phases to maintain visual targets while on-set
- Support performer wardrobe fitting and motion capture marker application
- Collaborate with Capture producers, acquisition team, technical artists, and game development teams to provide recommendation, guidance and solutions to best acquire data during shoots
- Conduct character calibration/subject setups used in retargeting motion data
- Contribute documenting workflow and pipelines
- Contribute to post-mortems, providing feedback that helps improve process and data quality
- Help support tool development initiatives used to increase pipeline efficiency and quality
Although not required, you have:
- Minimum 3 years' motion capture or animation background in video games, television, film or other related industry
- Minimum 3 years' experience with Motion Builder or similar 3D animation software experience
- Understanding of human movement, and detailed knowledge of functional human anatomy
- Work well under the pressures of 'live' production environments
- On-set production experience in related entertainment industry: Film, TV, Video games, VFX
- 3+ years of experience with optical Motion Capture systems, Vicon and Motion Analysis favored
- Believe in teamwork
- Ability to identify improvements to existing pipelines
- Passionate about their craft
CONTRACT POSITION - 12 MONTHS
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The hourly pay ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the hourly pay range for your specific location.
The hourly pay ranges represent in good faith what applicants can expect to be paid for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $32 - $49
Candidates may also be eligible for applicable benefits.