Motion Capture Technician
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Capture team provides high-quality body, face and camera motion performances and 3D likeness capture for in-game, cinematic and narrative sequences.
We're looking to add to our team in Vancouver, Canada to maintain and operate our motion capture and 3D scanning systems to capture assets for 3D scanning, animation, VR and virtual production out of the Vancouver studio.
You will report to the Senior Acquisition Specialist.
This is an 18-month contract
- Support the development teams with the acquisition of motion capture data during performance sessions
- Perform production prep, set up, operation and maintenance of motion capture systems and anxiliary hardware
- Operate and troubleshoot Vicon motion capture systems
- Operate and troubleshoot custom built 3D scanning systems.
- Operate proprietary tools related to motion capture
- Capture cinematic sequences that require the animation of characters, props, and cameras.
- Work with animation leads and director to agree on visual targets of motion capture data
- Track and clean motion capture data
- Learn proprietary art pipelines, new technology, and processes
- Operate real-time retargeting using Motion Builder or Unreal Engine
- Support performer wardrobe fitting and motion capture marker application
- Help document workflow and pipelines
- Contribute to post mortems, provide feedback, help improve motion capture process and data output
- Minimum 2 years of motion capture or animation background in video games, television, film or other related industry
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Motion Builder, Maya or similar 3D animation software
- Knowledge of and experience with motion capture systems
- Work well under the pressures of 'live' production environments
- On-set production experience in related entertainment industry: Film, TV, Video games, VFX
- Experience using 3D software such as Maya, Motion Builder and/or Unreal
- Familiarity with game engines
- Understanding of virtual cameras, VR, and virtual production techniques
- Understand cinematic language and camera terminology
- Knowledge of real world cameras of different types
- Stream live motion into Unreal and/or motion builder
- Experience with Vicon hardware and software
- Production experience in related entertainment industry: video games, film, TV, theater
- Can work under the pressures of 'live' production environments
- Experience Creating high-quality body animation for use in-game
- Believe in teamwork
- Ability to work independently
- Solve issues quickly and offer solutions promptly
- Willingness to travel