MTS Analog Design Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The Role : The candidate will be a member of the design team responsible for defining, specifying, and implementing future SerDes and memory interface (e.g. DDR) IP.
The Person :
- Strong/effective communication skills
- Enthusiastic team-first mentality
- A self-starting mentality and able to work with a limited amount of supervision
- Design/implement various state-of-the-art, high-speed (up to 32+Gbps) analog/mixed-signal blocks for SerDes and memory interface PHYs
- Deliver detailed specifications & documentation
- Develop initial circuit schematics and work closely with layout designers to drive designs to completion (including physical verification and backend/reliability flows)
- Drive design and layout reviews to ensure quality of deliverables and mitigate overall risk
- Work closely with various disciplines (e.g. Layout, Logical Design, Physical Design, Firmware, and Design Verification) to ensure successful cross-team engagement and high-quality execution
Preferred Skilled Set:
- Solid knowledge in high-speed SerDes design (signaling/equalization techniques, analog/mixed-signal circuit design, and signal integrity)
- Experience with advanced, deep submicron semiconductor technologies (experience with FinFET technology a plus)
- Solid knowledge of industry-standard tools and practices for analog/mixed-signal and high-speed digital designs (e.g., HSPICE simulator, Cadence design environment)
- Ability to analyze design issues at an abstract level (e.g., via mathematical and/or behavioral modeling)
- Analytical thinking and inventive spirit in combination with a solid understanding of risks and risk mitigation
- Familiarity with Perl, Python, and/or MATLAB
- Ability to read and/or create Verilog models
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments
- BS, MS relevant experience in electrical engineering and/or computer architecture
- Fort Collins, CO or Austin, TX
COMPENSATION RANGE & BENEFITS:
Expected to range from $104,510.00 to $149,300.00, commensurate with experience and specific skill sets. Benefits offered are described here.
Requisition Number: 178481
Country: United States State: Colorado City: Ft Collins
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.