MTS Firmware Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Diagnostics Test Data Analyst Engineering
This is a diagnostic data analysis / engineering position responsible for driving diagnostic test time efficiency via standardization and analysis of data collected from AMD production screening line across AMD’s products. The engineer at this role is innovative & out of box thinker, uses data to evaluate the performance of Diagnostic tests against the test time on System Level Test platforms screening AMD products. They develop and drive improved processes and standards to reduce test time while serve as a critical technical point of contact to the product engineering teams.
- Solves complex, novel and non-recurring problems; initiates significant changes to existing processes/ methods and leads development and implementation.
- Is required to deal with internal and external groups on behalf of the group or project.
- Has accountability for results for multiple products or large projects, as well as for management of interdependencies with related areas.
- Capable of communicating problems, solutions, and project status up to the executive level
- Identify and plan improvement activities to reduce cost, improve yield and resolve quality issues.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with other departments.
- Experience in analyzing and presenting mass production data to drive test efficacy of all IP domains.
- Related experience that demonstrates candidate’s ability to improve data collection and logging methodologies to drive down test time.
- Project management / leadership experience to drive discussions and decisions with highly technical Diagnostic, Production Engineering, and Quality/ Failure Analysis engineers.
- Good understanding of ML and it’s applications in production test data
- Debug experience in hardware, software, device, and/or manufacturing domains is preferred.
- Experience with a scripting language.
- Experience with Linux Operating Systems.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to work with geographically distributed engineering teams.
- Experience presenting to Director level management internally.
- Experience with developing and/or debugging tests, patterns on Automated Test Equipment.
- Experience with revision control (GIT, SVN, CVS, RCS or similar).
- Experience with C++.
- Experience managing projects of 6-18 months duration.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Data engineering preferred
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 163681
Country/Region/Location: Singapore State/Province: Singapore City: Singapore
Job Function: Design