MTS Firmware Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
MTS VPE Diagnostics Firmware Engineer
Be part of the world's leading graphics accelerator and compute processor unit teams developing best in class software infrastructure of diagnostics suites for state-of-the-art AMD products. Our organization is responsible for delivering test patterns used for pre and post silicon verification as well as manufacturing screening.
We are looking for a passionate, creative, team player, and result oriented engineer who is willing to work in a fast-paced leading edge technology environment.
- Using modern C++ (11 and beyond) to create VPE IP diagnostics programs on the next-generation framework
- Define VPE IP (DMA, pixel data processing, power saving, blending, security) test strategy and diagnostics coverage by working with the ASIC IP design team and your teammates
- VPE IP feature bring-up and validation on both pre-silicon environment (FPGA, SoC emulator) and post-silicon system (real ASIC and platform)
- Identify and help resolve ASIC, board, and firmware issues, provide diagnostics support to external customers and internal engineering teams
- Strong mix of large-scale software development ability and hardware understanding
- Proficient in C/C++ programming
- Strong debugging and testing skills. System issue triage is a good plus.
- Strong communication skills
- Familiar with source controls systems like Perforce, SVN, and Git
- Hands-on experience with board bring-up
- Experience with embedded systems is a good plus
- Knowledge of pixel data processing algorithms is a good plus
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in EE or CS or equivalent is required
- Good English required – verbal and written
- Good C++ programming/debug skills and computer architecture knowledge
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 162227
Country/Region/Location: Singapore State/Province: Singapore City: Singapore
Job Function: Design