MTS Product Development Eng. - 163341
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The Product Development Engineer position is in the FPGA implementation applications team, located in San Jose, for an experienced and motivated engineer to focus on tools specification, validation, documentation and key customers support. The successful candidate will work closely with both the AMD R&D team and emulation customers on specific issues to improve Vivado implementation software quality of results, compile time and ease of use. Daily activities will include the following duties:
- Actively exploring innovative methodologies and their impact on flow and design practices
- Deep-diving on new and critical tool issues seen by customers to identify work-arounds and future enhancements
- Creating and tracking product development schedules and issues, and managing internal software development, as well as cross-functional projects with hardware, marketing and field support teams
- Interfacing with Senior Management, Quality, Tech Marketing and Application teams to ensure issues are resolved and corrective actions completed
- Developing and delivering training materials on new features and methodologies
- Authoring high quality documentation tuned to the needs of the reader for their areas of expertise
- Staying current with and proposing the internal use of industry approaches, algorithms, and practices
Education and Experience Requirements
BS or equivalent work experience in Electrical Engineering or similar technology area, with minimum 9 years of relevant experience
- Customer Awareness: Has excellent working knowledge of RTL-based design flows and expectations
- Product Knowledge: Has excellent working knowledge of the entire FPGA or ASIC design process and tool flow, with in-depth expertise in timing analysis and closure. Has expertise in: HDL, Tcl (or Python), Timing and Physical Design Constraints (SDC/XDC), synthesis/placement/routing/verification tools
- Design Enablement: Expert in design analysis, experimentation and methodology for timing closure and runtime reduction
- Problem Solving: Ability to handle and solve complex system level issues, internally and with tier-1 customers
- Technical Communication: Can simplify and communicate even the most complex subjects, making options, tradeoffs, and impact clear
Requisition Number: 163341
Country: United States State: California City: San Jose
Job Function: Product Engineering
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.